[Yomi] Forums Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

If i remember correctly, I switch to Set after the first game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Week 6 standings

SuperBronze League (5+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Niijima-san :star::star: :psfist:
flagrantangles :star::star: :psfist:
TokH :star: :psfist:
Zqxx :knockdown:

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Ivan :star::star::star: :psfist:
JonnyD :star::star: :psfist:
FaceOnMars :star: :psfist:
MR75 :star: :psfist:
snoc :star: :psfist:
Castanietzsche :star: :knockdown:
ArthurWynne :psfist:
Attilian :psfist:
Hobusu :psfist:
thehug0naut :psfist:
variable :psfist:
vengefulpickle :psfist:
FenixOfTheAshes :knockdown:

Week 6 matches

thehug0naut/Hobusu
thehug0naut ─┐
             ├─
Hobusu ──────┘
vengefulpickle/Attilian
vengefulpickle ─┐
                ├─
Attilian ───────┘
variable/TokH
variable ─┐
          ├─
TokH ─────┘
flagrantangles/FaceOnMars
thehug0naut ────┐
                ┢━ flagrantangles ─┐
flagrantangles ━┛                  │
                                   ├─
FaceOnMars ━━━━━┓                  │
                ┡━ FaceOnMars ─────┘
snoc ───────────┘
snoc/ArthurWynne
snoc ────────┐
             ├─
ArthurWynne ─┘
JonnyD/Niijima-san
JonnyD ──────────────────────┐
                             ├─
Niijima-san ━┓               │
             ┡━ Niijima-san ─┘
Hobusu ──────┘
MR75/Ivan
MR75 ━━━━━━━━┓
             ┡━ MR75 ──────────────┐
ArthurWynne ─┘                     │
                                   ├─
Attilian ━━━━┓                     │
             ┡━ Attilian ─┐        │
Hobusu ──────┘            │        │
                          ┢━ Ivan ─┘
MR75 ────────┐            ┃
             ┢━ Ivan ━━━━━┛
Ivan ━━━━━━━━┛

thehug0naut vs @Hobusu
:grave::pschip::psfist::degrey: my opponent memes FSFG shouting TRUUUUTH as he bunkers my grave into his literal grave
:grave::pschip::psfist::degrey: at this point I thought I was gonna get full on bodied AGAIN so decided to switch…

:quince::psfist::pschip::degrey: … to the real truth™
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I start the game with 2 jokers and mystify @hobusu by playing without fear
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: It looks bad for me when I go full in on a real joker™ but manage to get a 2 to get a K in hand, spin it and punch out his last 7. Then I spun him into oblivion… with TRUUUUTH

thehug0naut wins 3-2!

ggs my friend, really enjoyed our very silly match!

7 Likes

@snoc vs @ArthurWynne

:setsuki: :pschip::psfist: :grave: TPoS to the face
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :grave: TPoS avoided
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :grave: TPoS avoided again
:setsuki: :pschip::psfist: :midori: oh my god that dragon hand
:lum: :psfist::pschip: :midori: messed up my checkmate at the end but won despite milling 1 joker for RTD and another in Blackjack.

GGs ArthurWynne! Hope your luck improves soon in this tourney…

6 Likes

Aw, you left out the turn 1 TPoS! Also the last turn TPoS. Also the massive Lum straights.

Thanks for the well-wishes and the great games. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my luck, but possibly my ranges…

6 Likes

I’ll give it a try. I never started doing the tournaments because my work schedule is extremely inconvenient for anything but I do want to play whenever I can

4 Likes

I’ll probably sign up for this when I’m knocked out of YOC

Me vs the Invincible Jonny D

I win 3-1

Grave > Grave the ol’ double rando Grave mirror.
Grave > Valerie caralad (I think) said here my grave was “pretty sick”. That can only mean one thing
Grave < Zane immediate loss (and a bad one too)
Troq > Zane the match was really bumping before this game with all the spectators. By the time the dust settled I looked up and nobody had seen the coup de grace. Guess we didn’t let enough lions into the arena.

Ggs as always D.

7 Likes

I witnessed it @niijima-san! 678 for exact lethal would have been a ridonculously grand end to the match, sadly it wasn’t on the cards.

Those hyuk normals are brutal

3 Likes

Ivan vs MR75 - 3:2
:lum::pschip::psfist::bbb:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::bbb:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::rook:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::rook:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::grave:
fun and close as always

5 Likes

And as always… I lost!!! :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Attilian :three: - :zero: @vengefulpickle

:zane: :pscrash: :pschip: :persephone: two hidden Aces help me to Maximum Oops
:zane: :pscrash: :pschip: :persephone: I get very lucky with a misplay from vp here
:zane: :pscrash: :pschip: :persephone:

ggs vengefulpickle. A fun, tense set.

3 Likes

I was at 4 hp. Even w/ the MC, I’m not sure if I could have converted that into a win (especially since I didn’t have a 10 up at the time).

2 Likes

I am hecka late, but well done, FOM - a.k.a. Fireinhand Outplaythisyomise Makearunforthecorner - a.k.a. @FaceOnMars!! Drawing the :fire: hottest :fire: of fire is another FOM-special! I get hit with it, too…! :smiley_cat:

However, I will say that asking for a gg after a device like game two of snoc vs FOM is extremely over-mild BM in my book! :scream_cat:

In other Yomise-ing, this happened:

Ranked, R6: @TokH vs. variable:

(Click below to glimpse future & past! Thanks, Magnus!)

Results for the TO-allied among us: variable wins 3-1.

:argagarg::pschip::pscrash::codexquince:: I mildly disrespect all & fully pump a follow-up Q - that results in me having zero cards in hand - into TokH’s facedown because this game had been slipping out of reach for a few turns! Luckily, it wasn’t real! :o

:argagarg::pschip::pscrash::codexquince:: I don’t know if it made sense, but I wokeup with a surprise fully-existing Consent of the Governed on my KD after having a rough go of it in the early portion of this game! :o I’m able to parley this into the ability to threaten TokH’s seemingly weird hand. :scream_cat: Eventually, a dash of King-spin does the trick and then - poof - there was a ninja here the whole time! Not an :argagarg:? Turnabout is fair play, I guess! :joy_cat:

:chibisetsuki::pscrash::pschip::quince:: The strategy of #JustAlwaysBlockFearlessly goes poorly in this game, and Quince gets thrown many times for his incredulousness. A potentially more beneficial Yomise is glimpsed, momentarily, but it fades out of view shortly afterward. :city_sunset:

:setsuki::pschip::pscrash::codexquince:: Despite having a semi-nonfunctional hand lethal is somehow presented multiple times by Quincetopher. Once the bursts were busted on account of unpaid taxes two kings clean things up!

I mismanaged my hand a bit every game, especially in the first Sets game, but I also got outplayed in that one! :sweat_smile: So, well played TokH! Ye Sets had me in a dryer for a large portion of those two games! :scream_cat: Good luck to ye in the rest of these matches and ye other events! :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @FaceOnMars
:quince::psfist::pschip::degrey: This one is pretty average as far as this matchup goes. I feel like I have an excellent sense of when DeGrey’s are going to Ace dodge and I very often SNATCH THEM. I did that twice in this game. Once early on and once late game for the WIN.
:quince::pschip::psfist::degrey: I get utterly bodied in this round. As I recall, I don’t win a single combat. I manage to do 6 chip damage through two individual patriot mirrors running into blocks, but other than that, I drop everything into the gutter and FoM stands proudly on my corpse. Also, he found all 4 PCP’s and my soul left my body.
:quince::psfist::pschip::degrey: This game starts off misleadingly well for me and then everything goes to hell. My Righteous Zeal is undercut by Pilebunker. The most titanic footsies were on display. It combos into Final Arbiter and my body was just about obliterated. I throw and get hit by Spirit Justice for a casual 15 damage. And then the scene repeats. I’m at 8 goddamned life. I whip a J into PCP and start the blender. I spin a J and then throw into Q++. I spin my J again. I summon more truths to aid me and get another Q. The blender stutters as he dodges my honest J. We each throw but I’m faster. I combo back into Q++. I’ve got him down to 26 life. I spin my K. I tax attacks and he poses some troublesome rhetoric around attacking. I play the K honestly and dodge his J into Patriot Mirror. From there, I dodge/6-attack. The 6 wins combat against Pilebunker and I combo into lethal. The comeback is real.
:quince::psfist::pschip::degrey: I start off pretty well here. I successfully block and then I counterpoke the second DeGrey 5 with my 3. I spin a J and then throw his block and combo into 6J for the DAMAGE. I spin a K and then I’m undone by PCP. I FD and FoM respects it. He shouldn’t have. That said, I am now knocked down. He plays a J at my block. On the following combat, I toss a meaty 5 attack out and it stomps on ANOTHER PCP. I combo into 67 for the straight and the damage. I spin a Q and it gets defeated by his K. It hurts. He evens up the life and then inches ahead. I’m starting to SWEAT. However, I manage to joker Final Arbiter and that helps me out quite a bit. I’ve managed to accrue 3 silent Aces in addition to the one I got off a straight earlier. I decide to just let them fly. They run into Pilebunker for a nice 30 damage. The people want a strong leader. I spin a Q and tax attacks before playing it honestly. I spin to the throw side to snatch his block and then pump it twice for lethal exactsies.

GGs FoM! I have played this MU quite a bit and I don’t generally feel uncomfortable in it, though you definitely showed me that maybe some healthy anxiety could improve my play. :wink:

6 Likes

I hang out in QM :frowning:

1 Like

Always a pleasure to play against you! Very fun set. Congrats on comeback game 3. Even with 50+ life lead I didn’t feel safe that game.

GG each and every game.

2 Likes

In my opinion, it’s quite reasonable for the person who lost to not say “gg” or shake their opponent’s hand or whatever. The ideal is to say or do that every time, for mutual love of the game & respect for one’s opponent - but if ye don’t mean it why say it? I think that it’s going to be dependent on the context of that particular game!

And if ye opponent was especially rude, or - really - rude at all I think it makes sense to not want to engage with them after the game/match! I’m not saying that ye were being especially mean, FOM, or mean at all, but people are going to deal with losses/victories differently & we as a community should let people react to this in their own way as long as they aren’t hurting anyone or lessening anyone’s experience of the game. That’s just my opinion, but, if we are treating each other respectfully a lot of this can be avoided… However, there will still be salt! :o

I watched snoc’s video of ye match & I would’ve been tempted to write “nice draws” in the chat in response to ye “gg?” because at the time I agreed with snoc that that was an above-average series of cards to have drawn at that point in the game. :o Maybe that would tilt the conversation too much into insulting territory, though, and I wouldn’t want to go there! I’d probably erase it - not send it - but it might’ve crossed my mind as an immediate emotional response!

I had a bit more to say about this topic thanks to this recent video about post-game etiquette in MTG, but it’s something I’ve thought about before that, too! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I will sometimes decline to say “GG” - this is never meant as a slight to my opponent, but only when I feel like I played poorly and thus can’t honestly say the game was “good”. Instead, I compliment or congratulate my opponent.

I don’t want to be petty or unsportsmanlike however, so maybe I should join in the typical usage.

2 Likes

I always let the game loser have first crack at gg. If they say it then I say it. If they don’t then I don’t. I only bring it up if they win the next game and say gg after that one.

This can be a twisty subject though, and it could definitely drag this topic down into the depths.

What I WILL say is that I watched those games and while FoM’s draws were pretty good game 2, his draws were average game 1 and below average game 3. snoc’s draws game 3 were better than FoM’s.

4 Likes