[Yomi] Forums Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

I’d like to unsuscribe

1 Like

@MR75 vs me:

:grave::pschip::psfist::codexquince:: TPoS is hard to land against a politician who is wildly spinning at his desk! :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :scream_cat: I’m not completely sure why I spent my entire hand pumping a Q (Including the only Joker I drew this game!) when MR75 was at 15 life & had one Joker remaining, but it worked out somehow!

:grave::pschip::pscrash::codexquince:: I could have gotten no-carded on the last turn of this game, but luckily for me that didn’t happen. If MR75 had the last 10 I would have been quite sad… :o (Dodge into nothing or a slow normal attack isn’t that solid, so maybe it was right in that situation anyway? It probably shouldn’t have been that dire, though!) That Two Truths was fairly clutch & delivered me either a 7 throw and a Dodge or a 7 throw & a Dodge! We take those! :chibiquince: (Luckily no Gravy-powered 7 throws were present, though!)

:grave::pschip::psfist::codexquince:: I missed a lot opportunities to throw, but at least I avoided attacking into a bunch of MR75’s dodges in the late-game! I went a bit wild with my hand’s contents, but I had enough Yomises to close it out! It helps when Quonce draws a lot of Ks & 2s to put extra pressure on the throws of most non-grapplers! :o

variable wins, 3-0!

MR75 caught me off guard a bunch of times & saw through the lies & even the truth… It’s a pleasure to play this Yomisier! :smiley_cat: Thanks for playing @MR75, & good luck in this and ye future events!!

9 Likes

Me vs. Ivan

I win 3-1

:chibionimaru: :psfist::pschip: :chibijaina:
:chibionimaru: :psfist::pschip: :chibidegrey: I drew exactly what I needed here and in the correct order. Praise RNGesus
:chibionimaru: :pschip::psfist: :chibidegrey: Yeah this is what usually happens
:chibitroq: :psfist::pschip: :chibidegrey:

5 Likes

Castanietzsche vs Attilian
3 - 1 I won :slight_smile:
:quince::psfist::pschip::zane:
:quince::pschip::psfist::zane:

ggs !

8 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-2 vs @FenixOfTheAshes
:quince::psfist::pschip::menelker: I start off with Patriot Mirror because the people need a bold leader. After that, I spin a K and then don’t see another Positive Spin card for A WHILE. I straggle along and I’m having a suspicion that Fenix is going to work towards DSD. I’m trying to generally play around letting him build that for free, but I’m also trying to prevent getting rekt by Bonecrackers since I have my joker in hand. I tried to stuff a throw with a casual 6 but get blown up by a KKJ combo. My hand got rekt. However, Two Truths delivered me from EVIL. I gold burst and pick up two aces since I had two jokers in hand. He uses Into Oblivion and my other joker is sucked into the void and now DSD seems to be real and I’m REAL SPOOKED. I just keep dodging his dodges until I’m infected with bravery and THROW HIM. I spin J, tax blocks, and then THROW AGAIN. I get lots of cards and cash out some damage. I spin a K and play honestly, catching a dodge. He plays a facedown to prevent lethal. I let that joker ROCK. I spin another K and then play the most RIGHTEOUS and ZEALOUS of BONKS as he plays DSD. I combo into a three for lethal. I probably should have played Consent of the Governed but I’m always here for the DRAMA.
:quince::psfist::pschip::menelker: I am not uncomfortable in this matchup since I’ve played it so many times. I lose the first combat to a bonecracker, but then proceed to steal the lead with a whole lot of TRICKS AND TURNS. I spun K and taxed throws 2 times and bonked them both (one of which was with a 5AAA) which kept my hand nice and stocked. The third time I play honestly with no tax and he throws again because he figures even I have my limits. I have a good lead that he eventually decimates with K++6AA situation. :open_mouth: I manage to close this one out because he went low hand and I knew he had 5, K, and mystery card. My CotG seemed like a pretty good play but I was worried about a Queen so I dodged. He played a king and then I murdered him with a Patriot Mirror.
:quince::pschip::psfist::zane: I start off strongly, but there are two points where I play incorrectly and I basically get sucked into the vortex and die for it.
:persephone:::pschip::psfist::zane: I was completely obliterated. I didn’t manage my hand well and was checkmated to Zane’s vortex. OOPS. Looks like I need to practice with the Marquess de Sade a bit more.
:quince::psfist::pschip::zane: I went back to my main man Quince because while I hate this matchup, I feel obligated to play it more and try to get better. We do some scrapping in the beginning and then I start looping patriot mirrors like a fiend and Zane has no particularly satisfying recourse. He blocks on KD against my dodge+7 mixup. I crossup the block into Q++ for the DAMAGE but now he’s standing so things get a bit trickier. I spin a K and throw out Patriot Mirror. He blocks it. I use the chip to spin the K again and play it, hoping he doesn’t play one of the many throws that beats it. He dodges and then I combo into Q++ for lethal.

Those were some mighty fine games, Fenix! I look forward to our next meeting in IYL.

10 Likes

I’m having some technical difficulties with the scheduling software, but will have it up and running to get matches scheduled today, hopefully.

4 Likes

Hokay, I’ve maybe ironed out the issues. However, in the process, I made a couple of mistakes with my data re-entry (because I broke things… sigh…). I think I caught them all, but if you notice any bugs where you don’t have the number of stars or the correct bracket that you should have based on your wins, let me know.

Week 3 standings

Bronze League

• Niijima-san: :star::star::star:
  • Zqxx: :star::star::star:
  • flagrantangles: :star::star::star:
  • Hobusu: :star:
  • snoc: :star:
  • variable: :star:
  • ArthurWynne:
  • Attilian:
  • FaceOnMars:
  • FenixOfTheAshes:
  • Ivan:
  • MR75:
  • TokH:
  • Castanietzsche (inactive): :star:
  • JonnyD (inactive): :star:
  • vengefulpickle (inactive):

Week 3 matches

FaceOnMars/Ivan
FaceOnMars ─┐
            ├─
Ivan ───────┘
snoc/variable
Hobusu ───┐
          ┢━ snoc ─────┐
snoc ━━━━━┛            │
                       ├─
variable ━┓            │
          ┡━ variable ─┘
MR75 ─────┘
TokH/ArthurWynne
TokH ────────────┐
                 ├─
ArthureWynne ────┘
Zqxx/flagrantangles
vengefulpickle ──┐
                 ┢━ Zqxx ━━━━━━━━┓
Zqxx ━━━━━━━━━━━━┛               ┃
                                 ┡━ Zqxx ───────────────┐
Attilian ────────┐               │                      │
                 ┢━ ArthurWynne ─┘                      │
ArthurWynne ━━━━━┛                                      │
                                                        ├─
FenixOfTheAshes ━┓                                      │
                 ┡━ FenixOfTheAshes ─┐                  │
JonnyD ──────────┘                   │                  │
                                     ┢━ flagrantangles ─┘
flagrantangles ━━┓                   ┃
                 ┡━ flagrantangles ━━┛
Castanietzsche ──┘
MR75/Attilian
MR75 ─────┐
          ├─
Attilian ─┘
Hobusu/Niijima-san
FaceOnMars ──┐
             ┢━ Hobusu ──────────────────────┐
Hobusu ━━━━━━┛                               │
                                             ├─
Ivan ━━━━━━━━┓                               │
             ┡━ Ivan ────────┐               │
MR75 ────────┘               │               │
                             ┢━ Niijima-san ─┘
variable ────┐               ┃
             ┢━ Niijima-san ━┛
Niijima-san ━┛
3 Likes

Boo. Figures I get the “bye” week right after I was eliminated from the YOC.

With all the work @vengefulpickle puts into this community though, I can’t have any hard feelings. Thanks for your efforts!

2 Likes

I promise you’ll get a game next week. “Blame the algorithm” is the easy way out, but in this case it’s true: it prioritizes players who haven’t played as many ranked games.

1 Like

Huh, and I’m a player who has played more than average? That’s actually a little surprising to me.
But thanks for the explanation!

Nah, lots of people have played 2 games so far. You just got the short straw this week. But you definitely won’t draw it next week, because now you’re down a game. (This week I think just TokH, FoM, and snoc had only 1 game each).

Oh, right. Within this league (or whatever we call it) only. That makes sense!

It’s difficult for me to dispute the stars and brackets when I have literally no idea how they are determined.

So, the selection of which match you’re going to play in a given week is a bit of a black box (and includes some randomness right now), so I’m less concerned with fact-checking that. But the bracket history (who you’ve played, and who they played) should just be consistent with previous weeks. For stars:

• -1 star when you lose
  • +1 star for winning in the first round of the async 8-man tournament (that is, for your first win)
  • +2 stars for winning in the second round of the async 8-man tournament (your second win in a row)
  • +3 stars for winning in the third round of the async 8-man tournament (your third win in a row)
    • This resets your win streak.
2 Likes

I seem to recall something in the most recent Raw Game Design episode about the Bronze league not taking stars away. Am I remembering that right? And if so, did you decide against it for your setup?

Hm. I don’t recall that detail, so it wasn’t a deliberate choice. But they also talked about bronze league giving you matches against bots, rather than matching you up-league… I think we basically just don’t have the player volume to support that type of feeder league.

1 Like

Makes sense. I expected it was just an oversight (assuming they actually did say it, though I’m pretty sure they did), but you’re probably right that there wouldn’t be much point for this setup.

What I don’t remember is what the threshold for the different leagues is. At what point would we start to see people in a Silver league?

(Also, I’m pretty sure the brackets are accurate as far as my record is concerned.)

My plan right now is to have league boundaries at 5-star intervals. However, the matchmaker will only penalize games between players more than 1 league apart. So a Bronze/Ultra-Bronze game is fine, as is a Ultra-Bronze/Silver, but a Bronze/Silver is discouraged.

I’m undecided on whether to increase the number of required stars at higher league levels… But we’ve got a while before I actually need to make that decision anyway.

2 Likes

I’m not able to commit to weekly Yomi right now, but I miss playing tournament Yomi. Would it be obnoxious to join the forum QMs but switch inactive every other week?

2 Likes

Nah, that would be fine. It would be even easier if you have a particular length of time that you plan on keeping that schedule for, and I’ll just mark your active weeks up front and not have to think about it again for a while.

3 Likes