[Yomi] Forums Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

A couple of tournaments are starting up, and I can’t play Yomi all summer, so after this round, please take me out of the rotation until further notice. :slight_smile:

TokH vs @Caralad
0-3 :frowning:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::troq: Opened up flustered and took a game to get into the swing of things. A crushing defeat.
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::troq: Troq’s erratic tendencies of when to block and when to go in confuse Fish. Fish gets Troq down to lethal, but is overcome by the Beats.
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::troq: Another fairly close set, but Fish, maybe too scarred from the Beats, misses poke opportunities and is tossed around like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert.

Well played!

4 Likes

vengefulpickle 3 - 0 @Xiba

:persephone::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

Hoo, boy, these were some nailbiters. I got some good loops in. but never the hard lock. They all came down to the last turns, and could have gone the other way if I had guessed wrong. Good games!

4 Likes

Ivan vs Arthur Wynne - 2:3
:rook::psfist::pschip::midori:
:rook::pschip::psfist::midori:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::midori:
:geiger::psfist::pschip::midori:
:geiger::pschip::psfist::grave:
Not sure about the order, correct me if I’m wrong. GGS very tense games, except may be the last one, where i was totally destroyed by Qs, Js and Grave’s things :wink: Well played, mate.

3 Likes

Hey I need to drop out for a bit. I’m in some tourneys and summer is hard to reliably schedule things.

1 Like

Week 19 standings

SuperSilver League (15+ :star:)

Player Points Active
flagrantangles :star::star::star::star: :psfist:

Silver League (10+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Niijima-san :star::star::star::star: :knockdown:
JonnyD :star::star::star: :knockdown:
Caralad :star::star: :psfist:
Ivan :psfist:

SuperBronze League (5+ :star:)

Player Points Active
snoc :star::star::star::star: :psfist:
Zqxx :star::star::star::star: :knockdown:
TokH :star: :psfist:
Journeyboy :star: :knockdown:

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
MR75 :star::star::star::star: :psfist:
ArthurWynne :star::star::star: :knockdown:
Xiba :star: :psfist:
vengefulpickle :star: :psfist:
Castanietzsche :star: :knockdown:
LizardLinc :star: :knockdown:
Shax :star: :knockdown:
FenixOfTheAshes :psfist:
Luke1705 :psfist:
Attilian :knockdown:
FaceOnMars :knockdown:
Hobusu :knockdown:
NobodysHero :knockdown:
Oddus :knockdown:
thehug0naut :knockdown:
variable :knockdown:

Week 19 matches

Luke1705/vengefulpickle
Luke1705 ──────────────────────────┐
                                   ├─
Xiba ───────────┐                  │
                ┢━ vengefulpickle ─┘
vengefulpickle ━┛
Xiba/Ivan
Xiba ─┐
      ├─
Ivan ─┘
Caralad/flagrantangles
Caralad ──────────────────────────────────────────────┐
                                                      ├─
NobodysHero ───────────────────────┐                  │
                                   ┢━ flagrantangles ─┘
MR75 ───────────┐                  ┃
                ┢━ flagrantangles ━┛
flagrantangles ━┛
TokH/MR75
TokH ─────────────────────────┐
                              ├─
LizardLinc ──────────┐        │
                     ┢━ MR75 ─┘
Luke1705 ───┐        ┃
            ┢━ MR75 ━┛
MR75 ━━━━━━━┛
FenixOfTheAshes/snoc
FenixOfTheAshes ─┐
                 ├─
snoc ────────────┘
1 Like

@LizardLinc: I took you out for this week because you didn’t respond in your match scheduling thread.

@Niijima-san, @JonnyD, @Zqxx, @Castanietzsche, @Shax, @Attilian, @FaceOnMars, @NobodysHero, @Oddus: Any of you folks want back in starting next week?

@thehug0naut, @variable: Either of you folks want back in starting next week?

(Note: 10 mentions per post is annoying)

Argh… I just realized that none of the stars updated… Will fix in a moment.

nah, I’m out until at least mid-August

Thanks for checking but I’m definitely not in for another few weeks at least

I’ll be back when I have internet again

I’ll be back when I decide whether I like Yomi again.

Before I forget:

vengefulpickle 2 - 3 @Luke1705

:persephone::psfist::pschip::midori:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::midori:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::midori: Midori start the game on a tear (K > K > K) but went low hand and I was able to get some effective ranged time, eventually. Ended the game with only 4 health remaining
:bbb::psfist::pschip::midori:
:bbb::pschip::psfist::lum: I don’t know this MU at all, but it felt bad.

Good games, @Luke1705!

2 Likes

It’s bad: J dominates normals, K all but 2, and neither even does too badly against blocks. Lum also doesn’t care that much about being at range (enough hp to block a few Qs, recurring dodges on A and throws are not a big part of his game). Similarly to Gloria, out of combat damage is bad news for BBB.

@FenixOfTheAshes vs. @snoc

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie: (only 1 hp left)
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :valerie: (perfect)
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:

I win 3-1, ggs.

2 Likes

Well played! Val still needs some work, but those were mostly fairly close at least…

3 Likes

@Caralad wins 3-1 vs me, flagrantangles!
:troq::psfist::pschip::geiger: I figured he’d lead with Troq and I’m garbage vs Troq with Quince (and nearly everyone else) so I figured I’d lead with either Geiger or Onimaru. I decided on Geiger because I’ve played him WAY MORE. I get two good throws in but for the most part, Caralad has me on the ropes. Neither one of us has a large or small hand. Eventually I manage to set up a TD turn and then I call the dodge and I play into his FD because my normal attack will get me lethal. IT’S A JOKER. He’s left with 1 life and I’ve got 2 cards after drawing. He War Stomps me twice and then hits my no card with Beast Unleashed. Alas, if I had kept the normal, he wouldn’t have had the third to make me no card.
:troq::pschip::psfist::onimaru: I tried this out because it’s not like I can lose my way out of this tournament. :wink: It works out, but feels not great in the beginning. I don’t manage to get any guard crushes for a good while and then when I do, it’s so EXTRA. Like, crushed a 3 with a 10. Oh well, I manage to take this one off the coinflip at the end.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::onimaru: This went pretty evenly, actually. Near the end I guessed incorrectly and DIED. It also helps that he found two jokers.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::quince: I was doing alright in this until I ran out of steam. Quince has a hard time when he doesn’t draw any 2 Truths. I managed to throw out his dodge near the end but it’s with a Queen so I’m definitely signalling I don’t have a throw and I actually didn’t. I draw a 10 and he powers up for an Ace. I thought for sure he would just Ace but instead he bonks me and I die. I could have played CotG but the dodge was too safe from him, in my opinion.

While I lost, I’m proud to say that each of the matches was pretty close and truly came down to the end! GGs, Caralad!

4 Likes

Ivan vs Xiba - 3:0
:degrey::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
GGS

3 Likes

MR vs @TokH 3-2

:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:quince::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:menelker::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
:grave::psfist::pschip::setsuki:

G1-G2 went quite well for me (well, G2 unexpected well!), then G3-G4 I was blown away…
G5 was incredible tense, down to 2hp vs 7hp with 50-50 chance.

Respect and GGs!

1 Like