UK Fantasy Strike Meetup! 29/10/16

My holiday has been approved. Just gotta book flights and find a place to stay. You can definitely count me in.

7 Likes

Yahoo!
How long you staying for?

Iā€™ll arrive on Friday (probably morning) and depart Sunday (late afternoon). My friend already has guests staying over so Iā€™ll be staying in a hotel or something.

1 Like

Sounds hella cool. We should hang out.

Itā€™s been a while, but last time I booked a cheap hotel in London, I think we went for the Wembley Park Premier Inn. It was about Ā£60 a night and right next door to an underground stop which made getting around easier. The tube stop was zone 4, so a bit further out, but I think the all-day travel pass was still pretty cheap.

Thereā€™s probably better options, but thatā€™s one that Iā€™ve used and not regretted

3 Likes

Maybe you should come down again and take part in the meet up

1 Like

Wish I could :frowning: codex should have turned up by then and I could get you guys to fast track me from noob to ninja

1 Like

So do we have a location such picked out for this?

Iā€™m still planning on attending I just need to start figuring out transport and accommodation and stuff.

Definitely London! Beyond that, I donā€™t yet know. Iā€™d better get my research on!

Wherever we end up I hope they allow table booking just so we can guarantee to have a table.

Quoting snocā€™s suggestions for locations.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to make phone calls to pubs/venues/whatever as Resident UK Person

1 Like

If the venue requires a down payment for some reason to book a table. I be happy to e transfer who ever booking the location some cash if it helps us get the spot.

I booked my flights and hotel today, gonna be getting into stanstead at Friday lunchtime and fly out at much the same time on Sunday.

I managed to find a pretty funky looking south American themed hotel nearby kings college hospital (church Street hotel if anyone is interested).

If we can figure out even just a rough vicinity for gaming fairly soon thatā€™d be really helpful for planning imo

3 Likes

Just saw this thread. Can I add my name to the list? I live in London.

Also, has anyone in the UK received their Codex Deluxe yet? Who is shipping? I seem to remember getting an email some weeks ago, but canā€™t locate it now!

4 Likes

Ayy my dude! Count yourself in.
Iā€™ll rewrite the list soon.

Also since you live in London, youā€™ve just been promoted to number one consultant on locationā€¦ And my personal tour guide!

Hah, just kidding. But all suggestions are helpful!

Well, I live in Hampstead, north London, on the northern line.

My games club meets in Hampstead Waterstones, twice a month. Itā€™s a great location!

Updated list of people:

Confirmed attending:
Me
snoc
@Fenrir
@thehug0naut
@Zejety
@UTRALAW
Rincy

Interested:
@Corroyeur
@Legion
@Caralad
@APALM
@Remy77077
@Nakhthorheb

I think this is accurate, but I could be wrong.

Also itā€™s still a really stupid rule that you can only tag 10 people. What purpose does it even serve?

4 Likes

I guess to avoid a spam bot going nuts and tagging everyone and their cat. People will generally find ways to be awful about anything :chibidegrey:

1 Like

My tickets to lreland and London are finally booked . i will be staying near West Ham, City View Hotel (if anyone is interested)
Also just wondering when a final location for the met up will be determine?