UK Fantasy Strike Meetup! 29/10/16

Well I’m a fighting gamer, but I doubt I’ll be bringing my own stick all the way to Britain. I think it’ll be mostly board gamers, though I know Fenrir is a fighting gamer too.
The biggest question is if the venue will have fighting games available (and also what venue).

1 Like

I will be vacationing at London that week depending on meet up location may attend if that cool.

2 Likes

Wowsers now we have to have it in London, as it will attract Utralaw and neigutten!

2 Likes

Yeah I think I prefer London now PhD stuff has fallen into place

1 Like

Well then I guess we’ll lock that in. Hopefully the other guys can still make it!

Official announcement! The meetup will be in London somwhere.
I don’t know where yet. I’ll do some more research.

1 Like

Depending on the set up I might be able to bring a couple of sticks.

1 Like

My friend in London recommended a couple of game-friendly pubs:

St Christopher’s, London Bridge: Used by his RPG meetup regularly, but apparently might be a bit busy on a Saturday
White Mustache, Camden: “Really cool beer selection, and they’re very game-friendly – if you phoned ahead, you could probably reserve a table that’s slightly separated from the rest of the bar”

A pub might not be ideal from the point of view of Actual Fighting Games on a computer/console, but those are some suggestions for now. Personally my terrible reflexes and lack of knowledge mean that I’d be 100% happy with FSFG on a laptop, and would be just fine even with only physical game stuff.

2 Likes

As I’m flying to another country, I don’t even know if I’ll be bringing a laptop. I might, but I don’t know.
So I don’t have specific plans for video games.

So if you want to make it happen, someone else would need to organise it. Would be cool though!

Can we make a list of who is caming for sure, who is still in maybe, etc?
ty very much

I’ll compile one when I get home and cross post as usual.

To start though, I’ll be there for sure! :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, here’s a list of attendees so far
(Correct me if I get it wrong)

Confirmed attending:
Me
@snoc
@neigutten
@Fenrir
@thehug0naut

Interested:
@Corroyeur
@UTRALAW
@Legion
@Caralad
@Zejety

Sillily is already committed to something on that date:
@Plum

If I’ve missed anyone, let me know!

1 Like

@Bryce_The_Rice any chance rincy is interested?

Oh yeah I haven’t asked him yet. I will soon.

Nooo you guys are going to have such a good time and I’m missing out :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

I was about to book tickets before I checked my schedule and … I can’t make it :frowning: it seems I thought it was on a free weekend, but it is in a work weekend for me, so I can’t join. Wah wah

Neigutten noooooooooooo :(((
I wanted to meet youuuuu

Awwww that to bad neigutten
Crossing my finger for a change in ur schedule :grimacing:

I wanted to be there toooo, to bring the awkward to Londonium was my mission, but work is strict, and my schedule isn’t as flexible anymore sadly.

You is making me a sad boy

Hey guys Rincy said he’ll come
hype?