[Tournament] Yomi Olympic Carnival 2018 - Concluded

@FenixOfTheAshes (US Midwest) vs. @Zqxx (Beanbean Kingdom)

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

I win 3-1, GGs. Every game felt close.

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 vs 2 snoc

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :lum:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

really close set, ggs snoc

6 Likes

GGs juicer! All close games, except the Zane one where I had no throws early so he just sat on an Anarchy threat all game and I couldn’t do anything. Also both Troq games he landed BU.

My POV:

4 Likes

Not sure if it makes you feel better or worse.

but to answer your question: yes

Anarchy was actually real.

1 Like

vengefulpickle vs @UTRALAW
3-0

:vendetta: > :troq: This game ended super close. I played to lose to BU before I had acros online, and got away with it. I ate some kings to the face to close the life lead, and then managed to close it out with a no-safety-net Surgical Strike.
:bbb: > :troq: I learned things. @UTRALAW busts out of range with a Jack armoring through what would have been a 6J combo. I didn’t manage to make it out to range again until nearly the end of the game, and got immediately Qed out of it. Came down to me throwing with some 9s to close it out.
:persephone: > :menelker: I opened with a stupid aggressive range of slow jack and K-throw, and it works out. I grind him down to 11, eat a Q and an Into Oblivion, and finished it off with a couple of Qs of my own.

Good games, @UTRALAW, and thanks for putting up with a couple of long pauses in the middle there.

9 Likes

GGS @vengefulpickle sorry about the quick exit i also had things happening in the back round that needed my attention lol. And no worries the long pauses actual help me out so i could talk

Looking forward to facing you again good luck in the rest of the tourney im rooting for ya

7 Likes

CKR over @MysticDeadman 3-0

:setsuki: > :onimaru:
:onimaru: > :gwen:
:zane: > :onimaru:

ggs.

4 Likes

Caralad vs @Bryce_The_Rice

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:zane: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: - This remains the silliest matchup
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :rook: - PERFECTO!

GG’s Bomber. I really enjoy playing you, especially the banter. Honestly the player I enjoy doing that with the most.

6 Likes

Banter is what I do best. We should hang out next time I’m up UK way (or come to the meetup??).

1 Like

3 Yomi Tournament games in less than 12 hours? Don’t mind if I do!

Caralad vs @ArthurWynne

:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:

GG’s Arthur

6 Likes

Bitter losses.

Game 2 we were at 1 vs. 6 HP and DeGrey was Ghost Riposteing back and forth. I snuck single A into my dodge/throw range for one turn because I was afraid of a 7, but I had played so many throws at that point that I should just have jammed my 6 throw side. There was no reason for Caralad to deviate at that time.

Game 3 went neck and neck until we got to 45 vs 51 HP, and Caralad got off a dodge. I had the real Joker in hand, but facedowned a 10 instead -greedily expecting him to wait out the real joker- which he did not respect.

5 Likes

MR 3 - 2 mysticjuicer

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :troq:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

ggs MR

6 Likes

Thanks @mysticjuicer!
Your comeback really scared me!

Herafter I add some comments from my point of view

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:

a little unexpected (for me) number of throws on start by MJ! So my life went down… luckily Gwen can come out with a lot of dmg if is fueled (and she was)

:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :troq:

Some good inital dmg (a couple of Js) then I hit his throw with a 5 and he FD. I had TPoS and he had a known Joker (from previous MM): so the question , try or not? Here I remembered @Legion’s words in some our sparring: “first one FD is always fake”: so hit confirmed into TPoS and it was a fake!!! thank @Legion!
So inertia went on my side…

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :troq:

Here I was heavily dmgd, then I tried a comeback (oblivioned As and Joker), then we went down to 6hp (me) vs 12hp. I was not bold enough to throw him, while he was waiting for his dodges (and with only 10 cards left and 4 dodges left, it could be quite expectable)

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:

I played too conservative, with pratical no throws. He dodged 6 consecutive turns but my patience lasted only for 5… got hit by 35dmg (CF - J+) I kept my 10s for FA, that came out only the two last turns, smashing me…

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

really close game, Zane did zane things, Menelker did mene things. MA didn’t show up

GGs MJ: it was really tense and fun!

8 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @vengefulpickle

:zane: :pschip::psfist: :vendetta:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :bbb:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :bbb:
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :persephone:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :bbb:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 2 Vengefulpickle
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

Looking at that, clearly my BBB needs work. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Legion (Wallachia) vs @Fivec (USA)
I win 3-1

:valerie::psfist::pschip::geiger: Here my start was awful, no throws for many turns while Fivec turted up. I pu for reshuffle, and finally get throws.
:grave::pschip::psfist::geiger: here my greed and unwillingness of playing naked TPOS cost me the match. Still close
:grave::psfist::pschip::troq: Here i get to the magic pixel and a naked TPOS seals the game
:geiger::psfist::pschip::troq: Very back and forth game, we both got all the jokers and played them. Very close game.

All the games were really intense, much fun and adrenaline on both sides, i hope.
Respect and ggs.

7 Likes

CKR over Ivan 3-2

:zane: > :jaina:
:onimaru: < :degrey:
:onimaru: < :midori:
:setsuki: > :jaina:
:onimaru: > :jaina:

Crushed Jaina. Lost to everyone else. I must compliment your play. If I remember correctly, I have played you twice and both times it has been a grind.

ggs.

6 Likes

@Ivan, I want to add some (hopefully?) helpful advice. Drop Jaina. She sucks. Your record with Midori is an astounding 19-5 and a dismal 9-19 with Jaina. That Midori sample size is small but impressive. Stick with Midori or (shudders) Troq.

I spectated one of your matches after I lost my initial match with you. I watched your Midori in action. I remember thinking this guy has a great amount of patience. Why doesn’t your opponent spam the throw button? As this thought occured to me, I realized that you have the mind of a grappler. That is what you would want me to think. You seem to mix it up just enough.

4 Likes

Thanks, mate, appreciate . But i play YOMI mainly for fun, and don’t care that much about w/l rate etc. And for me Midori and Jaina are rly fun characters.The feeling to land 35+ dmg or win against Geiger with her is just awesome that’s why i will probably continue to play her. And who don’t like to play a guy who can turn into a big bad green DRAGON :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I respect that. I don’t normally give advice to players. I just remember playing against you the first time and your play pissed me off. I was angrily muttering to myself, “Of course he would do that.” I have played numerous tournament matches and only a small amount of players consistently caused that reaction within me. Those players are all very good, and I think you will be, too.

4 Likes