2 Likes

CKR over @UTRALAW 3-1

:onimaru: > :onimaru:
:setsuki: > :troq:
:zane: < :troq:
:zane: > :onimaru:

ggs.

4 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention who I’m fighting for.

Put me in for Mexico

5 Likes

My Rook is gonna be a wall that keeps you out of this tournament.

4 Likes

Is Midori going to pay for it?

4 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-0 vs @Fluffiness

:quince::psfist::pschip::persephone: I led Quince because I figure he’s the most expendable and I feel at least moderately comfortable playing him against anyone. He leads Persephone and I’m not unversed in this matchup. I start off with a 9-throw and keep him in the washing machine with K and J spin because, little did I know, he didn’t have a single throw to contest the K with. Near the end of the game, I spin K and I know if I land it, I can combo into a 7 for exactly lethal. However, I also have a suspicion that he will try and throw me so I poke out with a three and hope to topdeck a Queen. I am correct and my luck holds. Fluffiness concedes.
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::zane: I switch to Onimaru since I don’t want to play Geiger into Persephone. He switches to Zane. We really scrap with one another. I attack a lot and throw once. I get dodged a couple of times but have some lucky jokers to back me up when needed. Near the end I want to throw again, but I decide to dodge since I’d just thrown his dodge and think it might be too tempting and he might just play a normal or something at me. He plays Minimum Anarchy, which would have been lethal, and I use Final Authrowity for lethal.
:geiger::psfist::pschip::persephone: The MU I tried to avoid comes back to haunt me. I start off by poking out a throw into nothing. My hand is sitting pretty with a 4*, J, Q, K, and A in it. I poke out another throw with the J. I draw another J and decide to chuck it into Perse’s dodge. Then the vortex begins and he’s throwing me around. I’m getting worried and dejected. Eventually, I Timekick my way up and then I put TD up since I’ve drawn into a second Ace. He tries to throw me and I just normal attack with a 3 hoping to either poke out a throw or cross him up. I succeed and basically combo my entire hand into a 50 point combo. He’s left with 5 or so life. I topdeck a 7-throw and use it. I catch his dodge and close out the set.

GGs Fluffiness! I’m sorry that the draws were not in your favor in the first game. :frowning:

5 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @snoc

:zane: :pschip::psfist: :setsuki:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :lum:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :gloria:
:bbb: :pschip::psfist: :lum:
:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :gloria:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 2 Snoc
Southpaw Hare wins!

…holy crap, there’s a recently-used section for the emoticons now. And it stays open and lets me click more than one in a row! So now I can type :psfist::pschip: or :pschip::psfist: easily!

!!!

:psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip::psfist::pschip:

…what an amazing world we live in.

10 Likes

It’s a cancer to us mobile users.

2 Likes

Good games! No recording owing to technical issues, which is a shame, because especially the Zane/Gloria match was fun. Highlights include nearly throwing a large Setsuki lead by clashing Ninpo Flash with (pretty face-up) Anarchy, and SPH 10-throwing for victory with BBB when I thought there was no way he’d throw me again.

3 Likes

Yomi Olympic Carnival 2018, Week 1
Nerdo Crombezia vs. USA (@ClanNatioy)

:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibigrave: - Onimaru ejected
:chibizane::psfist::pschip::chibigrave: - Zane ejected
:chibigwen::psfist::pschip::chibigrave: - Gwen ejected

Final Score:
Nerdo Crombezia 3-0 USA

The coach for the Nerdo Crombezia team was so excited because the team got him his first _______ of the year!

GGs Clan. I don’t think we’d played in a tournament setting before today, so it was refreshing getting to play someone who I hadn’t faced before. Good luck to you the rest of the way.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I missed this post.

Welcome to Yomi! I’m glad you decided to join this fournament, but I’ve noticed a small problem with your lineup. It seems you’ve only selected 2 characters: :chibitroq::chibirook:. This might put you at a disadvantage, as everyone else will have 3 selected. It’s fine if you want to run this stable, though. Your decision!

I have it on good word that Geiger gets deleted in 2018

1 Like

Fenix (US Midwest) vs. @Bob199 (Taiwan)

:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
“welp looks like that’s a wrap”
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
“at least I didn’t get shutout”
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
“wait hold on”
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
“Yooooooooo the comeback is real!”

3-2

GGs Bob, always a pleasure. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Zqxx v @Hobusu
3-0

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru: A perfect! The theoretical MU chart is vindicated.
:midori::psfist::pschip::setsuki: He jokers my FDB :cry:.
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::setsuki: A slugfest of back and forth combos until we both draw into really awkward hands and spend the end game dealing damage 6 points at a time.

Good games!

6 Likes

I don’t feel too bad about these results except for the first round; in hindsight, I’m not sure why I picked Oni first… GGs!

3 Likes

snoc vs @Castanietzsche

:lum: :psfist::pschip: :quince:
:gloria: :pschip::psfist: :quince:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :valerie:
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :jaina:

GGs! Shoutout to @Legion for spectating and sharing his thoughts after the game too.

Video uploading:

6 Likes

MR (Liguria) vs @Bryce_The_Rice (Australia)

:menelker::psfist::pschip::menelker: balanced start, then I spent a lot of bQ (up/down form discard) and cards… and he took me down 6hp vs 35hp, but luckily I guessed right in some crucial combat and landed some bQ lowering his hands. Oh, @JonnyD shouting at Bomber helped too :blush:

:grave::pschip::psfist::menelker: 1 Joker burned on 1st combat (and no dmg escape…) and got the other one oblivioned on 2nd one… then we go through a back and forth game (got all my As oblivioned and Q too…) and finally I landend my “bold” throw vs a massive K++6A… :sob:

:grave::psfist::pschip::rook: I build an early TPoS and kept it in hand all the game. I was taken down to 16hp vs 59, then (thanks to good draws) I managed to deal some dmg/cheap dmg to 41hp, when I guessed right on a 6 attack vs a throw -->TPoS

:gwen::psfist::pschip::rook: I got luck on throw/attack range in early game and I was able to took him down on low hps and then Gwen could be quite efficient with relentless strike and As

Respect and GGs

7 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 1 FaceOnMars

:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :lum:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:

close games all around! ggs!

8 Likes

The last play of game 2 was a 50/50 for me. I chose poorly.

I felt I did pretty well against the World Yomi Champion. Games were close except for Troq/Lum I think. Thanks for a fun set.

9 Likes

Mexico (Leontes) vs. Arstotzka (Copper8642)

:menelker::midori::grave: vs. :menelker::bbb::vendetta:

mexico_dragon___requested_by_icy_marth-d52t903

:grave::psfist::pschip::vendetta: I’ll let Copper tell the story lol
:midori::psfist::pschip::vendetta: I like this matchup. Sometimes you get to like 24 cards remaining in deck, finally draw a 2 and then immediately FDB a :vendetta: and kill him somehow
:menelker::pschip::psfist::bbb: The best part about conquest is I only have to fight this asshole robot once a set
:menelker::psfist::pschip::vendetta: Game was in complete topdeck mode at the end, fortunately my character can powerup for reversals and his character has none in his deck

Mexico Wins!

GGs @Copper8642! I was surprised not to see the :menelker:. Thanks for the high-level strategy of always drawing and playing your bQs as much as possible. It proved very successful; I will try this more in the future. I got an inscribed bQ in my post-game card pack, so I can use that to track my success.

I am sure you will bring GLORY TO ARSTOZKA soon.

9 Likes

I got deported instead

3 Likes