lum_at_1st_sight 0-0 0-0
Niijima-san 6-3 21-12 63.6
Zqxx 1-1 4-4 50.0

Scheduled Matches:
None

4 Likes
Match Rules
  • Mid timer
  • Spectators can see hands is recommended off, can be on if both players agree
  • Rules enforced
  • Double Blind character selection for the first game
  • Standard Counterpick rules (Loser of last game may pick a different character, winner is locked to the same character)
  • No random character select (you may randomly pick your character, but you cannot declare “Random” as your character, and proceed to randomly switch your character after games you win)
  • Players are allowed one five minute break and three pause of thirty seconds or less, unless both players agree to allow it. Violations will result in a forfeit, if the other player chooses to take it.
  • A double K.O. results in a replay, with no win or loss to either player
  • In the event of a server crash, that individual match or round will not count and must be replayed
  • Regular season matches are best-of-5
1 Like

Any announcements and/or rules changes will be posted here.

RULES CHANGE: We’ve had some dropouts in this league, so in order to keep the playoff seeding fair, we’re changing the mechanics slightly. As before, seeds 1-3 will be the top player from each league, 4-6 will be the second players, and so on. Within that group, however, players will be ordered by their match win percentage in played matches, to normalize for the fact that different players may have played different actual number of non-forfeit matches.

Scheduled Matches:
5/4, 8:00pm EDT - UTRALAW (4-3) vs. ThreeHeadedMonkey (3-3)

1 Like

@Bryce_The_Rice
@ClanNatioy
@copper8642
@desiderata
@Fivec
@lowtierhero
@lum_at_1st_sight
@migohunter
@Niijima-san
@sharpobject

@ThreeHeadedMonkey
@UTRALAW
@Zqxx

Kicking the tires on Morningstar Sanctuary, heeeeeeere’s Niijima!

Me vs. ClanNatioy

I win, 3-2

:chibimenelker: :psfist::pschip: :chibibbb: Flattened the bot. No range, no chance.
:chibimenelker: :psfist::pschip: :chibimidori: Did exactly what Menelker needs to do to win this matchup. Didn’t feed Midori cards, and got a nice Deathstrike Dragon in.
:chibimenelker: :pschip::psfist: :chibivendetta: Vendetta cp against Menelker? Sure, this should be… ow. OWWWW. Stop attacking on Acro turns!
:chibisetsuki: :pschip::psfist: :chibivendetta: Made a few errors in this game, but still… ow.
:chibisetsuki: :psfist::pschip: :chibivendetta: Okay, there it is. Attacking on Acro turns finally catches up to Clan and he gets popped with a 3. My 7 loops were real this game.

I feel disgusted that I had to go to Setsuki to win this, but it felt great to actually get to play AGAINST a Vendetta for once.

8 Likes

mi-go hunter vs Zqxx, 3-1

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

It was clear from some blunders I need to get used to medium timer since I encountered timeout a couple of times that screwed me over (patriot mirror turn, 2 dodge and 4 dodge LOOOOOOOL)

However good draws carried me and I adjusted from game 2 so Zqxx’s Setsuki would stop beating me in RPS. Good games!

8 Likes

Bomber678 3-0 UTRALAW

:rook::pscrash::pschip::onimaru: Guys I’m a Rook main
:rook::pscrash::pschip::onimaru: I swear guys I am
:rook::pscrash::pschip::zane: He made the wrong CHOICE.

GGs @UTRALAW! You’ve got some work ahead but you can do it! Never lose hope!

8 Likes

Hi Morningstar Sanctuary, Week 2 matches have been sent out. Please note that the due date for these matches is actually March 25th, 11:00pm EDT (3/26, 3am UTC), not March 18th.

Week 1 matches are due March 19th at 12:00am EDT, 4am UTC (by the end of Sunday, US time).

2 Likes

Zqxx v @ClanNatioy
3-1

:argagarg::pschip::psfist::rook:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook:

Game 1, Clan unceremoniously steamrolled me into the ground, making me briefly panic since I normally find Rook to be a good MU for Arg. I decide against switching, though, and I am rewarded for my fishy faith.

Good games!

8 Likes

:menelker::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:menelker::pschip::psfist::gloria:

Copper 3-1 sharpobject

HIGH IQ Menelker plays, straight out of Antarctica
I played Q and throw sometimes. Then I drew my red Qs when my black Qs ran out. I also had “2,3,4,6” in hand, landed the 2, and normal drew the 5. Truly genius play.

Thanks to sharpo for being a charming and likeable individual.

11 Likes

:menelker::pschip::psfist::zane:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::zane:

Copper 3-1 Bomber

I landed big moves and drew lots of face cards and straights, bomber had bad nans and never went for MA. GALACTIC IQ MENELKER wins again.

7 Likes

Help how do I draw throws

3 Likes

you have to believe in the :sparkling_heart::codexrook::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Not counterpicking Menelker with your “main” smh

1 Like

Dodge to draw 2 and face plant him for 6.

1 Like

Unfortunately, @lum_at_1st_sight has dropped from the League. This has been reflected in the standings.

Lowtierhero vs Desiderata
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:geiger: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:

ggs! Do your best!

7 Likes

Thanks, LTH, and good games. Your username is certainly a misnomer. :slight_smile:

LTH perfected me in the first match.
Second match, I started off alright, but then LTH caught on and started reading me well.
I did much better with Valerie, getting Geiger down to the 30s (I think) before he carefully powered up his way back in the fight. I never drew any Burst of Speeds, but Geiger’s As are faster than 1.0 anyway (one side, at least). LTH cleverly checkmated me by comboing into Time Spirals while Temporal Distortion was ongoing (so my face down Joker was useless).
I need to play more against Geiger. He’s not very familiar to me, and I’m learning his capabilities the hard way. LTH surprised me with some really big combos that I didn’t think Geiger was capable of.
GGs, and good luck in the rest of the tournament, LTH!

9 Likes

Me vs. 3HM

I win 3-0

Lum > Grave #gotem with an extra Blackjack at the end, after the first one was countered.
Lum > DeGrey
Lum > DeGrey Not a single 10 was played for its ability over these two games, just lots of Extra Juice. Ended the last game with 2 hp in a real nail-biter.

Good games, sir.

6 Likes