[Tournament] IYL6 Flagstone City - Match Reports and Results

Leontes vs. @CarpeGuitarrem

:midori::psfist::pschip::onimaru:

This is another matchup I am very well versed in. I got to play mysticjuicer earlier in the season so it was still a bit fresh, and things just worked out pretty well. Landed a 9 Throw, dodged into dQ, did all the weirdo things you’d expect in the Midori vs. Onimaru matchup :smiley:

Thanks for playing ahead of time Carpe!

6 Likes

Also @Hobusu come in with the clutch and clinch me that 3rd spot pretty please! (ily @mysticjuicer grappler bros amirite)

1 Like

It’s spin city y’all!

Carpe vs. @flagrantangles
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :quince: Started a bit tense, I pulled it out!
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :quince: This one started poor, went all downhill
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:

ggs!

8 Likes

Carpe I love you.

6 Likes

Switching into a Quince-advantaged matchup?! :scream_cat: It looks like it worked out nonetheless! :o

1 Like

I think the consensus is that this is Zane favor. Personally I put it at 6.25 Zane.

4 Likes

It probably is easier for the Zane to win against Quince most of the time, but I was trying not to be punished by the leader of Flagstone while in the city itself! :o

It’s likely going to be challenging for Quance to get past Zane’s faster/higher priority (in the case of K) attacks/throws, but I do feel that if the Quince has solid reads on the Zane’s tendencies that things can spiral in scary directions - some of which Zane actually can’t deal with without a well-timed Joker! Quince having access to unblockable Patriot Mirror setups against Zane makes part of Quince’s advantage time extra good, but Zane’s K can make the Positive Spin turns more treacherous for the Quoncefather! And, also, Creator & Destroyer can be used to attempt to mess up Quince’s hand which isn’t always going to do what ye want, but it might…

…Oh, and, Quince has no reversals, so he either has to block properly/Burst on wakeup to be safe against meaties, leaving him open to Zane’s faster throws & plentiful dodges…

…Still, I don’t mind playing this matchup from the Quince side, but I likely haven’t seen the in-:chibizane:-ity that is fully possible to unleash! :smiley_cat: :arrow_forward: :scream_cat:

1 Like

Fluffiness 3-1 @Hobusu

:setsuki::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I pick into the Sets mirror cause I figured Sets was the char I play with the best spread vs Sets/DeGrey. It did not work out.
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I stick to the mirror, and this time lucky topdecks pull me too far ahead for hobusu to deal.
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::setsuki: hobusu stays in the mu cause he’s scared of my Perse CPing his Quince CP. We clash Q 3 times in a row, and hobosu plays the first block of the match. That’s probably why he lost this one.
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I close it out with some masterful triple topdecking action.

GGs hobusu!

@Leontes I’m coming for you.

7 Likes

Hmm… How much did you pay Thelo? :wink:

GGs! That was a fun set, and I still love the hilarity of the Setsuki mirror more than is probably healthy for me!

4 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 1 Hobusu

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru: close game for most of it, then got hammered
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru: nearly got blown up, but managed to come back
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

ggs Hobusu

5 Likes

@FenixOfTheAshes vs. @vengefulpickle

:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

I win 3-0, ggs.

That’s a wrap for my season. I’m glad I was able to snag 1st place to get the bye, but unfortunately the two players I lost to in my division are probably headed to playoffs as well :O. The competition is gonna be intense, can’t wait to see how playoffs turns out!

5 Likes

Thank God you didn’t lose and make me tie for last place

2 Likes

flagrantangles advances over vengefulpickle by forfeit.

What’s the potential for Fluffiness vs FaceOnMars to impact play-ins?

Looks like if FaceOnMars wins, flagrantangles gets the 5-spot. If Fluffiness wins by a score of 3-0 or 3-1, then he gets the 5-spot. If Fluffiness wins by a score of 3-2, then there will be a one-game playoff between Fluffiness and JonnyD for the 5-spot.

2 Likes

Absolutely Wild

1 Like

And then whoever comes out of that alive has to face ME.

PUAHAHAHA.

5 Likes

Very high…

2 Likes

And that’s a wrap for Flagstone City, and for IYL6 pools in general.

Congratulations to @FenixOfTheAshes, @mysticjuicer, and @CKR for making playoffs. The play-in match will be between @Leontes and @JonnyD.

5 Likes