[Tournament] IYL6 Flagstone City - Match Reports and Results

FaceOnMars vs @CKR

:degrey: :psfist: :psfist: :zane: Double KO! First time for me ever! Cherry busted.
:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:degrey: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: My first perfect ever in a tourney setting! Cherry busted.
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

Thanks for a fun and competitive set. Time to bake a pie.

9 Likes

Hobusu vs @JonnyD

:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibimenelker:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibiquince:
:chibidegrey: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibigrave:

Final score: Hobusu 3 ā€“ JonnyD 1

Hobusu wins!

This was a fun set, and I think every game was fairly close! Game 3 came down to us both at 8 life or less with my known 7-throw making it a 50-50 that I lost by not being willing to dodge a second time in a row. Not sure which game it was, but I managed to land a raw Pilebunker once. TRUUUTH!

Good games JonnyD, looking forward to the next time we play!

5 Likes

Carpe vs. @vengefulpickle

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

ggs! Your Setsuki was just brutal, and it was a doozy of a time figuring out how to deal with her via my main characters. Wound up going Troq just to close out the set, and it worked pretty well.

5 Likes

Iā€™m trying not to rely too much on Sets, but shes an excellent fallback when nothing else is working out.

7 Likes

mysticjuicer 3 - 0 flagrantangles

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: uwu
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: owo
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: OwO

ggs sir!

12 Likes

Sets definitely worked for you there!

Meanwhile Iā€™m trying not to think about how easily I fell into Troq as a fallback.

3 Likes

@FenixOfTheAshes vs. @flagrantangles

:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :quince: (this mu is sooooo bad)
:zane: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie: (0.0 MA is sooooo good)

I win 3-0. ggs.

7 Likes

CKR over @Fluffiness 3-0

:zane: > :troq:
:zane: > :setsuki:
:zane: > :persephone:

ggs.

3 Likes

Leontes vs. @Fluffiness

:midori::psfist::pschip::persephone: Thought Iā€™d see a bo5 with me and the goth gurl
:midori::psfist::pschip::quince: One of my favorite matchups!
:midori::pschip::psfist::midori: Nani?!
:midori::pschip::psfist::midori: NANI?!?
:midori::psfist::pschip::midori: okokok

goddamnit fluff

Also, postgame casual match went well

Lol GGs man, always a pleasure (horizons yada yada)

6 Likes

Jesus what the hell was that set! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

ā€œdie imoā€ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 Likes

Rinzler 3 - 2 Wampuh

:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:

:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:

:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:

Might have the first two backwards. I typed it the other way and switched it cause it didnā€™t feel right.

We clashed CMB in the first game. It was beautiful.

10As, topdeck Ks, and bold moves were the name of the game. A very good time all around.

10 Likes

@JonnyD vs @FaceOnMars

:zane::psfist::pschip::degrey: - I wanna say I had a hand that was KKK AAA. Couldnā€™t get dodge Anarchy at all, but hey Zane is a gooder character than Jaina.
:zane::psfist::pschip::degrey:
:zane::pschip::psfist::degrey: - This is his first deckout so he was confused. He thought I won and was trashtalking. Not the case both @CKR and I were surprised and joking about how Shens should be buffed to prevent deckouts.
:zane::pschip::psfist::degrey: got caught with a joker in hand, but no blocks on a KD Zane. So was Joker/Throw on wake up vs known AA. I chose throw since my other dodge was in discard.
:zane::psfist::pschip::degrey: I donā€™t think he had very great draws this game, but thatā€™s the DeGrey life sometimes.

JonnyD wins 3-2! Good games dude. Thanks for the spectate CKR.

5 Likes

You are a Zane player now. With all this talk about nerfing him, we must band together to create the buffs that he really needs.

7 Likes

Deckout victory vs Zane? @FaceOnMars the god!

7 Likes

Funny. I thought I lost this game and was in the middle of saying my goodnights and congrats. Fun set. Learn something new everyday or be dead. Choose.

5 Likes

Week 6: Hobusu vs @Rinzler

:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibirook:

Final score: Hobusu 3 ā€“ Rinzler 0

Hobusu wins!

That was a fun set! Lots of banter, and my friend who just bought the iOS version was able to spectate (heā€™s signing up for the forums as I write this). I still feel a bit guilty about landing raw Pilebunker, what, four times that game? Two of which duffed Checkmate Busters in the most brutal way possible, and one of which outsped a greedy 7-attack and knocked down, preventing the Rock Armor. It was very satisfying to land them, donā€™t get me wrong, but I could tell it must have hurt on the other endā€¦ And not just in damage.

Good games, and I hope to play again soon!

6 Likes

Sure thing! Great games for sure.

4 Likes

Leontes vs. mysticjuicer

Face up :midori: strat is strong. @mysticjuicer had some trouble selecting his first character.

:midori::psfist::pschip::onimaru::
:midori::psfist::pschip::onimaru: PERFECT
:midori::pschip::psfist::bbb:
:midori::psfist::pschip::bbb:

Leontes wins 3-1

(referring to devilbot of course)

First game was close with a couple hero plays. He got some attached aces but I was able to survive them, and at the end when his hand was finally tapped out he threw out a J (I was at 25 health) and my AA undercut it. No FA.

Second game; Onimaru 100% attack vs. Midori 100% attack range. This is usually a thing you can do, but it can backfire spectacularly if Midori draws right. So even though this was a perfect, it wasnā€™t misplaying from mysticjuicer by any means, nor was it godlike reads on my part. Just a thing that happens specifically in this matchup sometimes. At the end i went DF and dodged intoā€¦ Wrath of Earth. Attacks only, ok?

Third game, I did my best to stave off his range attempts, but I wasted too many face cards in the early game. Was able to throw him the first two turns, and then wanted to keep throwing until he poked me but my deck ran out. I should have just blocked, but I played face cards instead. Huge mistake. Getting to the end though, I was at 10 HP to his known Piston Hurricane in hand, and I had 4 Aces to his 39 health. In my heart I wanted to double AA so badly. The first one caught a throw, and then second one I convinced myself he had a Joker so he would play the PH; therefore I chickened out of my second AA. He threw again! HERO

Fourth game I got off to a good start, landing some early game AA. I went DF and he immediately Robo Headbutt me and went into a Throw to remove it. I start applying pressure and put him low with a big dJ78 combo. At 3 cards I start trying to dodge, but my health was high enough to justify going for a 5 poke to stuff K or 6 attack and go even with Block. Comboed into a 6 for the win.

Not sure how I did so well at range. I was out within a few turns each time and only had to block one Junkshot. One tip I have is that itā€™s really important for BBB to Dodge against Midori while in range. It sounds stupid, but it prevents me from just poking out your K, FORCES me to use a Dragon card for zero damage, evades Gold Burst/AA rangebreak. Itā€™s really strong! Thelo adapted to this and I havenā€™t beaten him in Midori vs. BBB since.

ggs juicer! Always a pleasure fighting you, gl with the rest of the season.

13 Likes

Itā€™s been too long since weā€™ve played. Iā€™m a little regretful I didnā€™t just open BBB, but themā€™s the breaks. Hope to take the next set we play. :slight_smile:

7 Likes