[Tournament] IYL6 Dreadlands - Match Reports and Results

Caralad vs @jamie-chan

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:

GGs Jamie. Good luck with the rest of the league.

5 Likes

Question for the TO: Is it important to play oneā€™s matches in order? E.g to play against oneā€™s round 4 opponent before oneā€™s round 5 opponent?

1 Like

No, the only thing that is important is that your matches are done by the deadline. If you want to play ahead, go for it.

5 Likes

ArthurWynne vs zytearK

:setsuki: :psfist: :knockdown: :vendetta: Setsuki is a grappler - until she isnā€™t!
:setsuki: :psfist: :knockdown: :argagarg: Super close and tense.
:setsuki: :knockdown: :psfist: : :gloria: Classic Gloria grind.
:midori: :knockdown: :psfist: :gloria: How many rounds in a row can one player play 7 Throw?!
:midori: :psfist::knockdown: :gloria: Match-up gravity reasserts itself. Gloria doesnā€™t like 17 damage Throws it turns out.

Final result, 3-2 to ArthurWynne. GGs zytearK, your Gloria had me worried!

4 Likes

R4
MR vs @zytearK 3-1

:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
Early counter - counter abilties game. Then I landend 3ā€“>TPoS for temporary lifleaed, but then he cameback and we went down to 15-15. Outspeeded his AA with my Qs, then slammed an A into his throw

:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
Crazy game! Balanced start, then he took me down to 28hp (vs 56hp) throwing me a lot, then a wake up TPoS set him at 11hp! Here I slammed my attacks into two consecutive As! but then with 2hp life left I guessed right two consecutive throwsā€¦

:grave::pschip::psfist::geiger:
kind of balanced till his last TD with a huge ammount of spirals. I spent my reversal in vainā€¦

:gwen::psfist::pschip::geiger:
Landed some good gwen dmg, then we burned our FD Joker for nothing, then we clash Q-AA, then he took me down to 9hp vs 32hpā€¦ with my life flowing away, I managed to land a throw into 28dmg combo and another throw for last reveal

Respect and ggs!

3 Likes

Dreadlands, R3: @Attilian vs. variable:

Results screen:

variable wins, 3-1.

:codexzane::pscrash::pschip::geiger:: I played my TD turns quite impatiently in this one! I kept on getting hit with Ks & Slipstream Phases! :scream_cat: Thatā€™s not a good look! Down to one life, I maintain my aggressive & non-useful range and I am outthought by Attilian again! :o Itā€™s sometimes hard to want to throw against a character with two sets of dominant throws, okay? :s

:zane::pschip::pscrash::chibigeiger:: I remembered how to play Geiger! :smiley_cat::man_scientist: I got helped out by some timely draws though! In this game I proved that once Aces are gone ye CAN get them back! Just like time! :a: :joy_cat::timer_clock:

:zane::pschip::pscrash::chibigeiger:: I remembered how to land a TD combo. :o

:zane::pschip::pscrash::chibigeiger:: I spend the first four turns of this game charging a Sonic Boom! On turn five I poke with a normal & lose my charge, but I down-back right after my move hits! I throw the boom on turn six & proceed to have a ridic hand! Oh, and I convert it into a win! :boom: (I still was a bit too thirsty! If I blocked a bit more on the TD turns that would have been better. I got Crash Bombed a bunch! :bomb: At least Anarchy was not landed!)

Thanks for playing Attilian! Those were fun games! I actually thought about switching characters after getting outplayed game one, but Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t! #Results-OrientedThinkingPlzBan

Good luck to ye in the rest of IYL & in ye other events! :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

IYL 6, Week 5
Dreadlands Division

Mystic Deadman vs. @Caralad

:chibionimaru::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibipersephone::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibipersephone::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:

Final Score:

MD 0-3 Caralad

Of note: Bastard decided not to give me the easy counterpick, and gives me a curveball instead. I go 1-for-2 on MC attempts which results in almost nothing happening. Caralad goes 2-for-2 in proving MD has no idea how to play Perse.

GGs d00d, and good luck to you in the rest of the season.

4 Likes

GGā€™s MD. The music mix-up saved me in game 1 :laughing: Game 2 was low hand shenanigans for the both of us

Iā€™ll also say, when you got that successful MC off, I was clenching hard.

2 Likes

ANNOUNCMENT

Weā€™ve had some dropouts in this league, so in order to keep the playoff seeding fair, weā€™re changing the mechanics slightly. As before, seeds 1-3 will be the top player from each league, 4-6 will be the second players, and so on. Within that group, however, players will be ordered by their match win percentage in played matches, to normalize for the fact that different players may have played different actual number of non-forfeit matches.

x

1 Like

week 5
Legion vs @Ivan
I win 3-2
:grave::psfist::pschip: :grave: The mirror here has a clear winner
:grave::psfist::pschip: :midori: My Js do a lot of work, and so does my throwing game. Chip win.
:grave::pschip::psfist::midori: here ivan catches up to my range and steamrolls me. A super stupid mistake on my side seals the game.
:bbb::pschip::psfist::midori: Horrible BBB hand meets faces happy midori. Back to the lab for fixing.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::midori: Degrey into the fray, takes quite some dmg, but a pilebunker and some gutsy throws bring midori down to 1. Ghost chan closes the game.

Respect and ggs! Your midori is indeed brutal. Best luck in the rest of the league

4 Likes

dumb mistake, fixed. To my defense i wrote that u steamrolled me in game 3, tho.

1 Like

gutterowl 3-1 @SouthpawHare

:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::rook:
:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::vendetta:
:onimaru::knockdown::psfist::bbb:
:persephone::psfist::knockdown::bbb:

donā€™t have much in the way of game report, sorry. my upcoming boardgame just got officially announced today, and iā€™m brain fried from promoting all afternoon.

iā€™ll say the first three matches were all tense, to the wire games.

in game four, i hit and discarded QQKK9something with a pair of 10s. guessyoulldie.jpg.

card games, yo.

13 Likes

Eyyyy! Gratz!

6 Likes

R4 @snoc vs @ArthurWynne

:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :grave: yet another grave game please play something else vs me
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :midori: YES THANK YOU. Dragon form lasted exactly one (1) draw round.
:setsuki: :pschip::psfist: :persephone: unconventional counterpick, but it worked out because I was too scared to play GB as a reversal
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :persephone: I learn my lesson from last game, GB up against On Your Knees, then win by not drawing any Qs and being forced into throwing his anti-Q dodges.

GGs Arthur and good luck in the rest of the tournament!

5 Likes

Grave is a good opening pick for those of us who donā€™t like to ride the Troq-carousel, okay? :smile:

GGs, snoc. You definitely outplayed me in this set.

I feel like I need some kind of Yomi therapy, just to zero outā€¦ lately Iā€™m playing super scared and tunnel-visiony, and I know I can do better if Iā€™m more calm.

2 Likes

I offer Yomi counseling at my usual rates. PM me for details and pricing.

5 Likes

Can confirm that Niijima-san is a good coach.

2 Likes

Can also confirm that his rate are top-notch compared to the competition.
Be sure to get your free quote today!

2 Likes

Everyone knows I have the best rates in town for coaching

2 Likes

Ivan vs variable - 3:2
:degrey::pschip::psfist::quince:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::quince:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::geiger:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::geiger:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::geiger:
I closed game 5 with raw Pilebunker in TD turn and known AA, gosh i ā€˜LOVE THIS GAMEā€™ :wink:
Great set, mate. A lot of tense. Thanks for the games.

7 Likes