[Tournament] Codex Asynchronous suMmer Swiss (CAMS) 2018

i am still running this tournament, it just appears people have been rather busy. If we don’t have more progress or at least people checking in by monday, I will start considering adjudicating delayed matches.
@Shadow_Night_Black
@charnel_mouse
@cstick
@Dreamfire

5 Likes

ROUND 7!

Getting into the final matches here…

1. [CAMS18] Dreamfire :psfist: [Demon]/Anarchy/Balance vs Bomber678 [Future]/Peace/Blood
  2. [CAMS18] Zhavier :psfist: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs Cstick [Finesse]/Present/Discipline
2 Likes

So a bye for me?

That is correct. Sorry, forgot to mention. Frozenstorm gets the bye this round.

1 Like

Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t prematurely eliminated :wink:

1 Like

As a heads up, with only 4 remaining, all remaining matches will be rematches.

I will be facing the winner of Dreamfire vs Bomber678, and Frozenstorm will be facing the loser.

4 Likes

ROUND 8 SEMIFINALS!

Let’s see if any of us learned any new tricks since the last time.

1. [CAMS18] Zhavier [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs Dreamfire :psfist: [Demon]/Anarchy/Balance
  2. [CAMS18] FrozenStorm :psfist: [Demon/Necro]/Finesse vs Bomber678 [Future]/Peace/Blood
4 Likes

So I’ve bustered out now as was inevitable.
I’ve really enjoyed this tournament, thanks to all the players, zhavier for putting it on, and cstick for calling me out to play. Felt good to stretch my mind again.

I will say though, I hate Vandy. I hate demonology and I hate black starter and I hate that it’s the dominant strategy. It’s so draining to fight.
No disrespect to the people piloting the decks, you play well, and the decks wouldn’t work without an intelligent mind putting all the pieces in the right place.
I just really hate fighting it, especially when it’s almost half my games.

Anyway thanks for playing everyone, I’m eagerly watching these last few games.

5 Likes

I hear that, brother. Anarchy/Strength/Growth also feels super oppressive. I don’t mind fighting the Purple Peace engine decks (the third “dominant strategy”, seemingly) as much as either Nightmare or Miracle Grow.

Both decks have so many options for threat each and every turn, it feels like you’re always making a choice that the opponent will have (at worst) an even trade with, and at best will melt your face and completely derail you.

It feels like you both have to get fairly lucky AND really outwit/surprise the opponent to stand a chance.

3 Likes

I seem to recall Frozen that you are a fan of white, but joined the dark side after finding how oppressive black was to fight against.

In any event, ROUND 8 has concluded, and Frozen and I get our rematch to determine who Dreamfire gets to smash next :slight_smile:

Dreamfire gets the bye, as frozen and I have already gotten byes.

ROUND 9

1. [CAMS18] Zhavier :psfist: [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs FrozenStorm [Demon/Necro]/Finesse
3 Likes

ikr, but metas are metas. As frozenstorm said, Strenght growth is equally oppressive and can be paired almost with anything (red works best so far) same for purple peace, black+finesse, etc. Is just like yomi, either u accept the zanes and troqs in the games or you leave it.
In a competitive enviroment ppl are bound to pick what works best, happens in any TCG, CCG etc. At least codex has the variance of the player and the tech choices, while when i played TCGs i always faced the same strategies and the same decks over and over, self playing decks cloned from some champion and fueled by money, not brain.

1 Like

You’re not wrong, and it is the way of the game. The best strategies will always be played.
What annoys me is Vandy’s strategy, and because it’s the strongest I see it all the time. That’s what gets to me.

2 Likes

fwiw i never won against anarchy/growth/strenght, not even with nightmare deck.
So i hate that build more XD

2 Likes

Well if you are looking to beat miracle grow, dreamfires codex seems to be pretty effective weed killer.

1 Like

Scissors has been defeated, but rock is probably about to be beaten by paper…

ROUND 10

1. [CAMS18] FINALS Dreamfire :psfist: [Demon]/Anarchy/Balance vs Zhavier [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
3 Likes

And thusly, Dreamfire claims victory!

Congratulations Dreamfire, well played.

Well played to everyone who participated. I really appreciate that we had a nice turn out for the tournament. I will likely put together another one for the fall in about a month, assuming there is interest.

6 Likes

Where’s the link to the game??

Fixed. 10chars

Final Standings, BTW

PLAYER: WINS-LOSSES-BYES
Dreamfire [Demon]/Anarchy/Balance: 8-1-1
Zhavier [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth: 6-3-1
FrozenStorm [Demon/Necro]/Finesse: 5-3-1
Bomber678 [Future]/Peace/Blood: 5-3-0
Cstick [Finesse]/Present/Discipline: 4-3-0
Shadow_Night_Black MonoPurple: 3-3-0
charnel_mouse [Balance/Growth]/Strength: 2-3-1
Nekoatl [Demon]/Strength/Growth: 2-3-0
RathyAro [Demon/Necro]/Finesse: 2-3-0
Shax [Necro]/Peace/Blood: 1-3-0
CarpeGuitarrem MonoRed: 1-3-0
Lettucemode MonoGreen: 1-3-0
Hobusu [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth: 0-3-0
codexnewb [Future]/Peace/Balance: 0-3-0

6 Likes

I also forgot to say, thanks @cstick for calling me out, and thanks @zhavier for running this. It was super great.

4 Likes