[Tournament] 19XX: Ace 4 - Tournament in progress!

And so we have our Top 8! :smiley:

sharpobject
mysticjuicer
Leontes
Fluffiness
Zqxx
Copper8642
Dietz
MR

10 Likes

Zqxx v @Fluffiness
R5L
4ā€”0

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :valerie:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen: I manage to do the dream: I duff a throw with J+ ā€“> K++ ā€“> A+ for that sweet max damage combo.
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:

Maybe Gwen is good? The jury is still out. :thinking:

7 Likes

that would be 7 cp tho. dream is eitherJ+K++A+ or J+6JA+

1 Like

Youā€™re right. I canā€™t do math, but I CAN do 42 damage combos regardless.

6 Likes

R5L MR vs @Dietz 4-2

:grave::psfist::pschip::lum:
We ran a balance blodge game for about half deck (70hp each), then a dodge into TPoS changed the game

:grave::pschip::psfist::grave:
I ate an early raw TPoS and my life flew away till vs almost full life (I touched him anyway!). I tried a little comeback roughly stopped by an A smashed in my face

:quince::psfist::pschip::grave:
Here the struggle. Grave is my main, so betray him or keep him. That was a really scary grave on the other side, so Quonce time! A looong game, some good dmg here and there and navigated to win the point at 8 cards leftā€¦

Another early raw TPoS eaten!!! I was immediately shot down to few hps, but this time I managed to activate washing machine, made a comeback to 10hp vs 2hp (and again, about 10 cards left), and I guessed right throwing his dodge.

:quince::pschip::psfist::grave:
This time I early activated the washing machine and took liflead, but he made a really nice comeback. At 14hp (him) vs 11 hp and last card of my deck, another A smashed my face.

Same script as previous gameā€¦ this time I finally dodged lethal raw TPoS and managed to take the set.

Really scary Grave.
Respect and GGs!

6 Likes

Zqxx v @Leontes
LR6
4ā€“1

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::midori:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::midori:

Always a pleasure to play with you!

7 Likes

:argagarg: the 19XX gatekeeper

In the :gloria: games, Zqxx played PERFECTLY and had all the draws to win. Very well played and any :argagarg: who wins 2-0 against a :gloria: in a bo7 probably deserves the set.

Onward to Summer Smash, where I can :troq: that stupid fish to hell.

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 2 sharpobject

:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:

ggs! thought I could make something happen with the Jaina counterpick, but just ended up getting whupped

5 Likes

19XX: Where established MU numbers go to die, apparently.

5 Likes

R6L MR vs @Copper8642 4-0

:grave::psfist::pschip::menelker:
I got a really good start, taking a large liflead (like 80hp vs 16hp), then I was DSDed and game became evenā€¦ luckily a couple of As closed it

1st turn BCed, he got rid of my only block (9) and left me KD. I topdecked another 9 :wink: and blocked his bQ. Then game flew with some back and forth and I managed to take it.

Two BC landed, two duffed in early game. Luckily the two that hit caught a not really scary hand on my side, so I didnā€™t lose any As or Joker.

Here I got BCed again, he got rid of a Q and immediately I topedcked another Q :wink: . Then I managed to take lifelead at 54hp vs 20hp: here he powerup for DSD and that turn I topdeck a Joker, to make me safely attack and duff his immediately DSD attempt.
It seems that cards were on my side, indeed

I gotta really good draws!!!

Respect and GGs

6 Likes

Ok, comments added above, with a bit delay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Zqxx v @MR75
Losersā€™ SemiFinals
4 ā€“ 1

:argagarg::pschip::psfist::quince: I have a really big lead until I donā€™t and then I die.
:gwen::psfist::pschip::quince:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::grave:Totally stolen game. Three times MR75 dodged with TPoS in hand for lethal, and each time he bought my bluff. Never drew a joker the whole game!
:gwen::psfist::pschip::grave:
:gwen::psfist::pschip::grave:

Move over Elsa; thereā€™s a new ice queen in town.

Good games!

7 Likes

And so it ends my journey, 4th place like last yearā€¦alas

Very very well played @Zqxx!

Normally I feel quite confident in Grave-Gwen MU (Grave has all the tools he needs), but in this set you really drove me crazy and pushed me to play a really bad Grave, looking up for TPoS (all dodged or not played!).

Your ā€œArgā€ version of Gwen was super!

Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

5 Likes

Zqxx vs sharpobject
Saturday @ 1pm PDT

2 Likes

Wow how did the spammers know to beat the 10 char minimum :joy:

Such spam. Very bot.

6 Likes

sharpobject 4-2 @Zqxx

:bbb::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::midori:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::midori:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::midori:

Close games all around. ggs!

6 Likes

Okay, grand finals announcement time!

mysticjuicer vs sharpobject
1pm PDT on Saturday, October 27th

Hope that people can make it out to watch as we bring 19XX 4 to a close!

5 Likes

What happend here? Is it 19xx over?

1 Like

Ah, sorry, no we didnā€™t manage to make it happen. Grand finals will be rescheduled. Once we figure out a date that works, Iā€™ll post in the thread.

5 Likes

Itā€™s happening! Grand finals! Today, Saturday Nov 10th @ 4pm Eastern/1pm Pacific!

4 Likes