Summer Smash V - Round 1 deadline is July 15th

ss5banner

Format is best of 7 with standard counterpicks. First pick is double blind. Only the loser of the previous game can switch characters.

Format will be a double elimination bracket, ideally with 64 players. Matches will probably start some time in late June.

Medium timer

Each round will take one week, with deadlines at midnight Eastern time on Sundays.

Playing matches early is allowed and encouraged.

After each match, the winner should post a match report in this thread including the result and matchup of each game played. (The loser can do it too if s/he wants.)

This year, Caralad will be in charge of scheduling conversations. Please do all of your scheduling in those conversations.

If you sign up, please view your participation as a responsibility to myself and the other players. I realize that not all circumstances can be foreseen, but please don’t drop just because you are going on vacation or out of frustration.

Like in the first Summer Smash, entrants must choose a video game character to represent. Characters must originate from a video game, and you cannot choose someone who has already been taken. Players returning from last year are encouraged to pick a new one, but they are not required to.

The top 8 finishers from last year to sign up will be seeded (Ties broken by Summer Smash III placing). Seeded players will be placed in their own divisions of the winners bracket.

Bracket:

Signups:

1. Niijima-san - Kratos (God of War)
  2. mysticjuicer - Max (Life is Strange)
  3. GutterOwl - The Devil (We Know the Devil)
  4. vengefulpickle - The Nameless One (Planescape: Torment)
  5. MR75 - Wolfgang Krauser (Fatal Fury 2)
  6. zqxx - Theo (Celeste)
  7. Caralad - Monokuma (Danganronpa)
  8. CKR
  9. Bob199 - Quinn (Pocket Rumble)
  10. Fluffiness - Necrodancer (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
  11. UTRALAW - Samuel Rodrigues (Metal Gear Rising: Revengance)
  12. variable - Iwazaru (Killer7)
  13. Xiba - Thrall (Warcraft III)
  14. Ivan - Elise (League of Legends)
  15. ThreeHeadedMonkey - Kass (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
  16. hamvvar - Gooey (Kirby’s Dream Land 2)
  17. ArthurWynne - Eileen the Crow (Bloodborne)
  18. MysticDeadman - Laharl (Disgaea)
  19. Jengajam - Lyn (Fire Emblem)
  20. Leontes - The Silent (Slay the Spire)
  21. mastrblastr
  22. flagrantangles - Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
  23. FenixOfTheAshes - Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
  24. SouthpawHare - Crassus (Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom)
  25. SirHandsome - Cuphead (Cuphead)
  26. Zejety - Iva (Battlerite)
  27. Jody Salerno - Anduin Wrynn (World of Warcraft)
  28. Shax - Emerald Herald (Dark Souls 2)
  29. lum_at_first_sight - Panda Entertainer (Roller Coaster Tycoon)
11 Likes

Yeahhhhh boooooooiiiiii. I’m in.

1 Like

My character is:

Kratos. I would appreciate you only using pics from the newest GoW for all of my ID shots, because I am DAD OF WAR.

10 Likes

Aw yeeaaaaa! The man in the mountain is back with the premier Yomi event of the season.

In. Signing up as… hmm. Max Caulfield, of Life is Strange fame.

9 Likes

i’m in.

last time was crime time with mae. this year though, i’ve gotta go with the one game that means the most to me personally.

The Devil, from We Know the Devil.

9 Likes

(this one’s gonna be hell to find bracket images for. if you want, jenga, i can throw game images at you.)

(also literally everyone should play wktd. it’s eight bucks and like three hours max. do it.)

2 Likes

In. This time, I’m going to harken back to my early gaming years, and go in as The Nameless One:

Perhaps his immortality will keep me from going 0-2. :grin:

8 Likes

(this one’s gonna be hell to find bracket images for. if you want, jenga, i can throw game images at you.)

After some quick research of this game, it looks like I am going to need this.

3 Likes

Wowowow!
Let me in!
Wolfgang Krauser from FFRB (I’m old and nostalgic :sweat_smile:)

WK1WKWK2

WK1WKWK3

WK1WK4

9 Likes

“A tournament? Sure, I’m game! My InstaPix followers will probably love watching me try to climb this mountain of competition. Besides, sounds like fun!”

In as Theo from Celeste.

Thanks for running this tournament again, @Jengajam!

7 Likes

"Quiet down now, quiet down. Ah, okay, so…!

Everyone stand at attention and bow! And…good morning!

Now then, let us commence with a most noteworthy and memorable entrance ceremony! First, let’s talk a bit about what your Tournament life here will be like. Now, ah, make no mistake–you few competitors, so full of potential, represent the hope of the world. And to protect such splendid hope…

…you will all live a communal life together solely within the confines of this thread. Everyone will live in harmony together, and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Tournament.

Until the day you die!"

I am in as Monokuma, from Danganronpa.

7 Likes

In as Strider Hiryu from Strider 2.

11 Likes

Quinn from Pocket Rumble has joined the battle

8 Likes

DANCE, MY PUPPETS

Necrodancer from Crypt of the Necrodancer.

9 Likes

One of my favorite tourney to enter every year :slight_smile:

Count me in as Samuel Rodrigues aka Jetstream Sam from: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

9 Likes

I’m in as Vincel Dill Boris VII Iwazaruscof, known more commonly as Iwazaru, from killer7! :smiley_cat::secret:

9 Likes

Thrall from WOW sign in!(I want Kratos :sob: )

7 Likes

Sure in. Elise from LOL

10 Likes

You can be Atreus, BOY.

2 Likes

It’s you haha :laughing:

1 Like