[PS] Forum Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

Bucky/ZenDog could not be scheduled.

Week 23 standings

:psfist: Active Roster

Gold League (20+ :star:)

Player Points
Bucky :star::star::star::star:

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points
Boogey2003 :star::star::star:
Hobusu
ZenDog

:knockdown: Inactive Roster

Full List

Silver League (10+ :star:)

Player Points
Skiff

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points
Bomber678 :star::star::star::star:
variable :star::star::star:
Feebs
Proven

Week 23 matches

Boogey2003/ZenDog
Boogey2003 ─┐
            ├─
ZenDog ─────┘
Bucky/Hobusu
Bucky ──┐
        ├─
Hobusu ─┘

Thanks for the games everyone. Not my thing anymore, fun while it lasted. Please take me off roster. Have a good one.

Boogey2003 vs @ZenDog
Boogey2003 wins 3-0!

:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibivalerie:
:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibivalerie:
:chibijaina: :psfist: :pschip: :chibitroq:

might write a more detailed report later, but it was basically just Jaina doing Jaina things and bullying people. i wanted to try Jaina with Risky Move, and it worked out pretty well; she doesn’t love the chip, but it’s a pretty good first cycle buy for her i think, not sure yet how it compares to a boring 2 gem.

Hobusu unexpectedly retired. Perhaps we should pause this after next week, until we get more participants.

Important question: Is my participation scaring off other participants?

Yeah, I’m going to suspend these matches for now. If more people sign up, then I can restart it.

If anyone else signs up I’ll gladly rejoin. @Bucky, I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m not scared of going up against you, it’s more that we both know what the outcome will be (plus or minus me taking one game). I’m sure I could improve enough to enjoy playing an equal match against you, but I don’t think it’s really possible for me to improve enough if half of my games are getting stomped by you—and I don’t think it’s fair to ask you to hold back either.

@vengefulpickle, it would also help me be more interested in rejoining if you implemented some of the changes we discussed, especially things like having “seasons” and letting bronze players not lose stars.

Yeah, that makes sense. I’ve been busy w/ other things, which is why I haven’t tackled those changes yet.

1 Like

it’s more that we both know what the outcome will be (plus or minus me taking one game).

You might know what the outcome will be, but I don’t. As I see it, if you ever make it to game 5 without conceding a killer counterpick for the last game, you have what it takes to go the full distance.

Given the regularity of game 5s, which I get roughly half the time, I feel the 12-match winning streak has to be the product of a lot of luck on top of the skill differences.

and I don’t think it’s fair to ask you to hold back either.

More to the point, if I were to scale the difficulty to my opponent*, it would mean less when one of you finally does take me down.

(*) more so than is inherent in playing based on predicting their strategy

1 Like

Interesting. From my perspective, it seems like you’re considering lots of factors each game that I either don’t even notice or have trouble remembering during a game, so it’s only natural that you end up winning so many sets. I also find it hard to believe that you would be in Gold while only one other player even reached Silver if luck was a major factor in your wins.

Yes, there’s a skill gap. Yes, I’d expect to win more than I lose. I’m just a bit ahead of the 60-40 mark (24-15) in non-game-5 situations. But on top of that, I’ve gotten luckier than normal in game 5s, going 6-0 instead of the expected 4-2.

I also find it hard to believe that you would be in Gold while only one other player even reached Silver if luck was a major factor in your wins.

That’s a quirk of the small player pool under the current system: ranking up to the next league requires beating the top player when there are <5 players.

2 Likes

I’m interested in playing again. Especially interested in playing against Bucky :smile:

1 Like

I’m happy to start this up again if there are enough people interested

1 Like

I’d like to sign up too :slight_smile:

It seems like this isn’t happening at the moment, but if it starts up again, I’d like to play some matches. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe the PS folks should pile on the Saturday morning Yomi timing?

2 Likes