More Yomi Data

Absolutely fantastic stuff!

Looks awesome @vengefulpickle!

My one area of confusion was figuring out who is playing which character but I’m guessing the “c1” and “c2” are characters played by players 1 and 2 respectively. If you could modify it to have clear axis titles that would really help its ease of use.

1 Like

Alright, I think I’ve made the chart much more legible.

1 Like

I fixed a bug that was breaking in Chrome and not Firefox. Should work for you now.

OH WOW. Apparently Opera as well because I see a very different page now, vs when I thought you were supposed to type in names and then click Graph. And it actually works!

Not to be a complete pest (that’s exactly what I am), but can we please have character totals? My lust for data requires seeing who is the best character based on your awesome stats.

I would total it up myself manually you have the data so I figured I should ask first :smile:

I actually was trying really hard to do that this afternoon (basically, to average out the individual MU probabilities and also the cumulative win chances), but I hit a bug in the visualization library that I’m using that I haven’t figured out how to work around (without writing a bunch of extra code myself, which I might still do).

I’ll definitely post when I get it figured out, though.

1 Like

Ok, fixed (well, worked around) it. The charts now summarize across the rows and columns.

2 Likes

Amazing! Tho interestingly on Firefox on my phone I now get a second chart below the first one. The second one has just the summed rows and columns. I’ll check it on a full pc browser later on

Yeah, the workaround I used doesn’t work well on mobile (I saw the same thing you did) because the summaries are actually separate charts.

I’ve made a bunch of updates to the functionality and presentation of the data over at Yomi Matchup Chart, mostly inspired by working with the BattleCON Online community.

5 Likes

Yeah, I love the new elements of the grid. And cool to see the BattleCON stats! Is it just the Discord you drew matches from? (I checked for one of my BattleCON-playing friends, and didn’t find anything for him, but he’s done mostly forum play on SA.)

Yeah, it’s from replays uploaded by BattleCON online players, solicited from the discord

1 Like

The ELO chart is broken somehow

Boo… I’ll fix it.

Seems like it’s working now? If you still see it broken, can you send me a screenshot?

Even More Yomi Data

Silmerion, a Quince player from the long long-ago, put together a really cool Tableau based visualization of a MU chart for Killer Instinct. Of course, because I’m greedy as hell, I immediately asked if it was possible to use the Yomi tournament MU chart to do something similar.

Check (as they say) this shit out!

https://t.co/0Xvms3A43I?amp=1

7 Likes

Looks fantastic! Great way to instantly grok the basic idea for each character. Thanks, MJ/Silmerion!

Suppose I should begin to play Zane.

1 Like

It’s always important for me to emphasize that, since my MU chart is based on actual tournament results for practically every player who has ever played in the last six years, it gives very different information than a traditional MU chart does.

A traditional MU chart will try to tell you what your results should be if you play X at the highest level, against a field of opponents at the highest level.

My MU chart will try to tell you what the result will be if an average X plays against a field of average opponents.

…I know you know this, but I think it bears repeating.

…but also, yeah, “suppose I should begin to play Zane” is still a very true statement either way. :smile:

3 Likes

Woah, that’s cool. I want to dump that same plot onto yomi-skill using that computed data.

3 Likes