London (UK) Players?

well, on patrol its not just non reciprocated, such units cant even attack the flyer, and behave as though the flyer weren’t patrolling.

3 Likes

Ah yes, I’ve just read some clarifications on bgg. Flying becomes a little weaker when patrolling so it’s less useful as a defensive tool it seems. It’s shame the rule clarifications on “flying” actually make this less clear, they are very poorly written IMHO.

1 Like

I thought the clarifications I. The rules thread in this forum were pretty thorough. But I can see how they might get improved.

So who is actually coming this Saturday April 29th? My cousin is interested in coming, but I thought I would check just so that we don’t accidentally end up with a small, odd number of people (although I guess that me and him could just play on the same “team” in a pinch)

I will be there and have booked a big table which can cater for 6-8 players

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m not going to make it. I have something else on on that day now. Let me know if you’re doing it again - I was looking forward to meeting @APALM and chatting about Durham!

I’m still a maybe - if people can post on here when they are leaving and/or keep an eye out for if I post when I’m finished with my other thing, that’d be great!

1 Like

Sure thing

2 Likes

@Jadiel - I’m curious as to why you’ll be chatting about Durham? Since I live there, and have no local players since @Fenrir appears to have disappeared. I’m aware of @APalm’s past Durham connections, but now I’m curious as to yours :slight_smile:

PS I definitely can’t make it to a meetup in London (it’s a long way, I have a young family and am also really busy for pretty much the whole of this year), but I hope you guys all have a great time :slight_smile:

I went to uni there, a long time ago. I’m pretty sure it was before @APALM was there, but I think he worked at a church I used to go to, so I was interested to see if we have common friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool - I also went to uni there, also a long time ago (first degree 2001-2005, then a PhD till 2010) - the only difference is that I never left :slight_smile: (Well, I left the university, but my wife and I - we met while at uni - both decided to stay to live in Durham.)

Ah yes, I should have used this forum as my first reference, much clearer now thanks :slight_smile:

I was there 2003-2010, first as a student and then working for Christchurch Durham.

Also, I will be bringing a mate on Saturday afternoon.

I was there from 1997-2000. Christchurch doesn’t sound familiar, but it’s on Claypath isn’t it? Is there another church on the same road?

1 Like

Great, I’ll bring my cousin then

1 Like

Yeah, Christchurch is Claypath - same people, but no longer URC. Check out their website.

We’re on the bus, should be there 2.10

I’m here - big table reserved in the upstairs cafe. See you soon!

I’m jealous.

1 Like