IYL7 - Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports

flagrantangles wins 3-2 vs @Leontes
:persephone::pschip::psfist::midori:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::midori:
:persephone::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
:persephone::pschip::psfist::setsuki: This match was some bullshit. I landed a turn 1 Mistress’ Command into an ongoing AA loop which was only truly possible because I drew the 4th Ace on turn 2. After that, I kept using Bare Your Soul to stuff Leontes’ hand with attacks that lose to OYK. Eventually he’s able to power up to trigger Speed of the Fox and begin to snatch the game out of my hands. I make some poor decisions at the end due to nerves and a n x i e t y.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::setsuki: Setsuki is throwing Val around and just generally depriving her of HP until I’m able to block a couple times and then the draws just work out. I hit with a 6-normal string that’s unjokered and then I fill my hand with aces and win in 2 more combats. It was explosive from each end.

4 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 1 @Hobusu
:troq: > :degrey: Got hit by QAA, hit back with AAA. beat THREE 7’s played, all with normal attacks lol
:troq: < :onimaru: Close game, was getting stomped early, brought it back. got two 2 blocks successful and had BU, comes down to last combat and I lose
:argagarg: > :onimaru: Perfect. Throwgagarg in the house
:argagarg: > :gloria: I have a silly good lifetime record in this MU its really fun, exactsied with the super rare K+AA for 26

ggs!

5 Likes

Carpe vs. @mastrblastr
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: I pre-empted the Oni counterpick, and it worked out really nicely for me; landed a Beast Unleashed on Bubble Shield
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: I don’t think I’ve ever played this MU, some really interesting things about it! Ate an AA+A a third of the way through it, things got pretty scary!
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey: PERFECT! I did not see the aggro low-hand DeGrey range adjustment coming
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: Maneuvered around aggro DeGrey and some slight adjustments in MB’s play, and it ended with a combo into Eagle Totem for lethal, ggs!

halp, I’m succumbing to Troq

7 Likes

We lost another one, F for carpe

7 Likes

I can’t argue with results tho

5 Likes

Join the Troq Side! We have Growth Potions!

7 Likes

I’m really sorry but I have to stop my “Yomi actions” for now.

Nothing bad, I’ll simply be involved in a long term and moreover full time project at work for the next 2-3 months (at least), so my free time will become almost zero and probably scheduling would be quite a pain both for me and my opponents.
That said, I rather to drop from IYL better than slow it or make it a pain (at least I lost the games I already played, so no points “stolen” from anyone :sweat_smile:)

I have to drop from incoming PPP too and to be put into inactive roster of FQM. @vengefulpickle, could you do it, please?

I’ll try to track this great forum, to keep myself a bit up to date on Yomi’s scene
(hopefully with some yomi’s actions videos by our casters too, @mysticjuicer?, @snoc?, @ClanNatioy?) and maybe some casual match, if it happens.

I’ll be back! :crossed_swords:

8 Likes

Yup, I’ll take you out of everything. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear, MR. Good luck on the project!

4 Likes

Hydro vs @MercyfulFate619
:argagarg::psblueshield::pschip::zane:
:argagarg::psblueshield::pspurpleshield::zane:
:argagarg::pspurpleshield::psfist::zane:
:argagarg::psblueshield::pspurpleshield::zane:

4 Likes

what were the MUs?

1 Like

Hydro vs @Nopethebard

:argagarg::psblueshield::pschip::chibimenelker:
:argagarg::psblueshield::pspurpleshield::chibitroq:
:argagarg::psblueshield::pspurpleshield::setsuki:
Ggs your :chibisetsuki: was pretty scary, fun matches

4 Likes

That was brutal…I felt completely helpless most of the match.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I will need to drop from IYL. I’m in the middle of busy season at work and my computer dying has been put on the back burner of things I need to get to. Best of luck everyone!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure we’ll still be here when you want to come back!

4 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @GutterOwl

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone: Got my shit pushed in at the start, tried to bring it back with bQ and throw mixups, got outread final combat.
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: Decided to switch to a comfort pick and still almost got my shit pushed in again but key last combats I guessed right this time.
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: Typical Jaina damage stuff and stopped Persephone from getting a strong vortex going.
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: Other than Joker, sadly GutterOwl’s hand was jank and mine was really good with KK and AA at the start. After baiting out the blue burst, did 36 damage in one combat which is almost half her HP.

First two games really pushed me to the brink, GGs and well played. I could have easily gone down 0-2 and who knows what would have happened then.

5 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @Hydro
:quince::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

GGs Hydro! You play a different breed of Arg than I’m used to so I had to adjust to that and then you started switching things up significantly in the last game and I was almost bamboozled!

6 Likes

Nopethebard vs Mercyfulfate
3-0
Troq>Zane: pretty close. I get great draws and dodge Maximum Anarchy for the win.
Troq>Zane: I gain control and keep it. I power up for one A but throw his dodge instead for the win.
Troq>Zane: fairly close, but not as close as the first game. Great draws for me allow me to control most of the game. Also I dodge a random, half-silent MA about halfway through. Win with about 30 hp left.
The whole set was maybe 20 minutes and Mercyfulfate used both Jokers every game.
GGS Mercyfulfate! I had fun and learned about this MU.

5 Likes

Yowza!

Carpe vs. @SouthpawHare
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria: What a matchup; got scarily grindy there, but I pulled it out with some quick starting damage and still only won with 30ish HP
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg: The usual slow grind of despair. More throws than I expected.
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: So I bust out my trusty grappler buddy to send the fish packing!
:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb: Oy, this was an obnoxious match. Once I’m out of dodges, there’s not a whole lot Troq can do at range. Did land a few solid Ks, though.
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: And bringing it back around full circle, finished with 1 card in hand, GGS!

4 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 2 @vengefulpickle
:valerie: < :setsuki: my start G1 with an off meta char every match has not gone well for me so far lol
:troq: > :setsuki: So many good moves
:troq: > :setsuki: final combat winner winner
:troq: < :setsuki: final combat loser loser
:onimaru: > :setsuki: I’ve decided I’m an Oni main, come at me everyone

6 Likes