IYL7 - Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports

I said as much at the start, but I somehow got him down to 10 HP!

#rookmeta2019

2 Likes

Glad to see Rook be a force worthy of mention in Yomi again.

1 Like

Leontes vs. @Hydro

:troq::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:troq::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

Leontes wins 3-1

I still donā€™t find this matchup easy for grapplers, but Iā€™m bad at playing conventional characters so I just choose the best grappler for the job. I think :midori: and :rook: are TRASH against :argagarg: but :troq: feels okay because heā€™s much more stable.

GGs Hydro, all of these were close games.

5 Likes

I always found Arg to be a fairly easy fight for Troq. If he goes Mostly Throw-Block Arg canā€™t get any blocks and has a hard time landing enough attacks and throws to compensate for the damage Troq deals from each throw. However, that is mostly based on my own limited experience.

I just checked the standings. While I wasnā€™t paying attention, @vengefulpickle is off to a 5-0 start. I remember making a prediction that this guy would be good. Now that he has abandoned all principles, ā€œWatch Out!ā€

It appears as if @migohunter has balanced this somewhat with a 3-0 start. I know this man has principles. Maybe he can counter this rogue.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying really hard not to to get too far ahead of myself with reminders that there are still plenty of sharks in the water that I havenā€™t run into yet (@mastrblastr, @Leontes, yourself, to name only a few).

3 Likes

Beware his vinegar-fortified wrath!

4 Likes

Carpe vs. @migohunter
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :quince: HOLY MOLY VICTORY AT 1 HP

5 Likes

Carpe vs. @Hobusu
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

ALL HAIL LOFI HIP HOP RADIO, VANQUISHER OF LAWYERS!

7 Likes

Leontes vs. @MercyfulFate619

:midori::pschip::psfist::zane:
:midori::psfist::pschip::zane:

Mercyful Fate wins 3-1

ggs as always! GL with Hydro lmao

5 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Hobusu

:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 0 Hobusu
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

@Leontes @Hydro - YouTube
ggs man good games brother to the next time,hydro your next brother lol

2 Likes

gutter owl 3-1 vs @flagrantangles

perse < gwen hey i held out pretty long for what the matchup is.
oni > gwen bang bang gorilla
oni > quince
oni > quince just synced flagrantā€™s truth-lie rhythm more often than not. had a couple turns where i literally had no throw that could challenge king-spin, and welped right into the fakeout attack. and honestly, oni got more mileage out of winning coinflips than quince did. his right answers did 10-15. mine did 15-20. still came down to the wire, and i chewed up my nails pretty good.

ggs flagrant. i think maybe you needed to play a little less safe and go for some wild shit? try being extremely stupid. it works for me.

7 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @vengefulpickle

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: 1 hp pixel comeback
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: Was more disrespectful than I should have been, got hit by raw almost silent MA LOL
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: J after J after J I could hardly stand up
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Pretty solid game for me here, and I had jokers on deck just in case
:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb: Four two truths, both jokers, and a couple of aces really early. Completely busted draws

GGs!

7 Likes

My reign of terror has ended. =(

9 Likes

As prophesied by CKR

9 Likes

Rookā€™s death to the robot has been avengedā€¦ by his mortal enemy??

5 Likes

Enemy of my enemy is my friendā€¦ or something like that :smile:

3 Likes

Nopethebard vs Leontes
3-1
Arg>Midori: Leontes says this MU is very Arg favored. I agree now.
Arg>Troq: goes much better than I expected. Sorta close, but I pull it off.
Arg<Troq: how I expected last game to go. I was destroyed, though I started coming back towards the end.
Oni>Troq: Iā€™m not cruel enough to switch to BBB. Oni dominates. Oddly enough, I donā€™t land a single guard crush. I mostly just outspeed his attacks with my own.
GGs Leontes! May your future sets go well.

5 Likes

Hobusu vs @TokH

:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:

This was the only complete game, unfortunately; TokHā€™s computer crashed and got caught in an endless loop of restarts partway into the second game. This was three days ago. I offered to wait and see if it could be fixed so we could reschedule, but he messaged me today saying that itā€™s ā€œgoing to be a longer fix than [he] had hopedā€ and that I should ā€œjust go ahead and report a forfeitā€ for him. Itā€™s a shame, Iā€™d been enjoying our match so far!

@vengefulpickle

3 Likes