IYL7 - Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports

Poor King Huggy…

2 Likes

“Surely, surely Oni doesn’t have ANOTHER normal he’s throwing out, I can totally throw NOPE.”

Which, to be fair, is totally something I’ve done.

4 Likes

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @SouthpawHare
:zane: > :gloria: I lost 20 combats I won 2 I still won with 6HP, and he even blocked anarchy. dumb MU
:zane: > :gwen: Super close game, got him with a couple giant duffs, won on 3hp with the extremely rare raw Slipstream
:zane: > :gwen: Perfect T1 throw into garbage, T2 throw into garbage T3 throw into 9J from hand 2 cards left, luckily win the last 2 combats end on no hand

4 Likes

gutterowl 3-0 @Hydro

i think i landed more commands in this match than i did in the entire tournament last year.

perse > arg
got like four mistresses commands off this game. First one was able to eat a pair of bubbles in hand. at 2 life, hydro finally manages to blow a successful bubble…against a checkmate queen. 2 chip, next game.

perse > geiger
things that are fun: mistress command into a hand with two temporal distortions, while holding two do-as-tolds and pair aces. perse was so astounded by actually dealing 36 damage that she spent all but her last card, plus a faceup 9 from dominance. geiger plays a 7 throw to checkmate the nine…right into that last gold burst i was holding. a few rounds of footsies and i close it out with a good old fashioned grab.

perse > zane
zane is having a lie down. persephone has 3aa. zane can’t block threes. zane has a limited number of cards that will answer a three. persephone digs through his brain and throws those cards in the dumpster, again and again and again, forever. zane is sad.

ggs hydro. sorry that scheduling this match was such a cluster.

6 Likes

Hopefully i get to see you in the yomi bowl,love to test your Troq out :slight_smile: also @Leontes your next Drunk bites the head of a fish - YouTube

1 Like

mi-go hunter vs @TokH

:quince: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg: 0-80 life, lost pretty much every single combat and death by a thousand cuts
:quince: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg: So close, went down to the last combat

GGs! I really respect TokH’s arg and he made it close despite how tricky this mu is for the fish. I had to shift up my range and my mixups a lot because he was ready for every single one in the book.

6 Likes

I completely agree! TokH is very good at this MU!

2 Likes

Nopethebard vs Gutterowl
Game 1
Arg > Persephone
Arg < Persephone
Vortex is brutal
Menelker < Persephone
Menelker > Persephone
Menelker > Onimaru
Ggs Gutterowl! Thus my victories in IYL finally began. Also I learned a valuable lesson about scouting the opponent’s mains beforehand.

4 Likes

Namely, doing it pays off.

It was also my first Tournament set where I didn’t play Troq at any point whatsoever.

3 Likes

mi-go hunter vs @mastrblastr

:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: Oof, ow Zane hurts and he also had anarchy which was pretty scary. Lost when I decided to wake up 9 throw and lost to an 8 throw smh.
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: Jaina builds a nice hand, Jaina bursts down Zane late game with some juicy combos
:jaina: :psfist: :pschip: :zane: I manage to dodge anarchy and stay above 50 hp so I won’t accidentally die to it.
:jaina: :pschip: :psfist: :geiger: The dreaded time man comes out, game goes pretty well till late game when he threated 0.0 A and activated temporal. Killed me with a throw I didn’t see coming. 50/50 boys
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger: Geiger starts out with a meh hand, I start out with triple bonecrackers. The poor time man could not truly recover after I landed two of them despite his best efforts activating TD twice.

GGs mastrblastr, definitely a fun close set and about as tough as I expected going into it.

6 Likes

Celebrate Jaina heroes! Praise their courage and patience! Cheer on their making Yomi even more hype!

2 Likes

She’s so fun to play, and depending on the matchup she isn’t bad either!

1 Like

They compensate for the hated Troq players like me. Right?

Haha no worries mate, no one hates Troq players just the character :wink:

2 Likes

Good to hear.

1 Like

except mystictraitor, no one can stand that guy

6 Likes

An evil being that merely wears the flesh of the pure hearted Rook main mysticjuicer (may he rest in peace)

6 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @Hobusu

:setsuki::pschip::psfist::setsuki: I open Sets to cover my bases, @Hobusu predicts it, and beats me in the mirror (as he’s done pretty consistently, I think)
:zane::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I’ve already abandoned my principles, so I bring out the madman. The thread on Anarchy allows me to throw the Ninja to her doom.
:zane::psfist::pschip::rook: Rook is steadfast with his down-backing. I eke out the match with raw Anarchy when @Hobusu wasn’t expecting it.
:zane::pschip::psfist::rook: This starts well for me, and then I go low hand, take a TQ+ to the face, rudely goldburst to fill out Anarchy (against Rook at 11 hp), and then end up all but checkmated to a 5, and unwilling to die to a throw. Instead, I go out with the biggest of bangs by reflecting MA off of Stone Wall. Game over, -39 - 11. As I look at the replay, clearly I should have played my Q, and tried to escape my mono-attack hand. Ah, well, 20-20 hindsight.
:bbb::psfist::pschip::rook: I bring out the devilbot (no principles, remember). @Hobusu gives me what-for, keeping me mostly out of range, keeping the ranges short, and giving some solid punches to the face. I end up closing it out only after 3-4 turns of correctly guessing to eat his remaining life without losing all of mine.

4 Likes

Pulling RoboSatan against Rook?! You weren’t kidding when you said no principles. That’s plain evil.

1 Like