Autocard Anywhere Migration

So it looks like Autocard Anywhere has migrated from sharp.moe to codexcarddb, which is awesome!

However, the migration has broken the hover-over image preview (since the links are to the card’s page, and not the card image itself) :frowning:

Does anyone know who is maintaining this or how I could fix it?

2 Likes

I was actually the one who reached out to get Auto card updated to codexcarddb. I didn’t notice the hover error. He had said it was difficult to get the card image the way codexcarddb was set up.

Listed contact info at Auto card anywhere’s site is:
Stephen McIntosh stephen@mcintosh.pro

1 Like

I would suggest that codexcarddb needs to be fixed to make referencing the image easier, first.

1 Like

I guess we should let @LK4O4 know about this, then?

Sorry, but I have no idea what Autocard Anywhere is or what the issue in Codex DB is that’s preventing things from working. Can someone explain things a little more clearly?

Well, currently, the part that appears to not be working is the URL for card images of most cards. I am not sure why the some images are working, brief testing, only reputable newsman seemed to be working for me. I was not exhaustive however…

Autocard Anywhere find chunks of text in the current webpage, and modifies them to show an image when you hover over them, and turns the name into a link so when it is clicked on, it directs to the specific card page in codexcarddb.

For Example, Reputable Newsman is turned into Reputable Newsman in theory. As well as showing the card image when you hover over the name with your mouse.

For Example:

newsman

Ideally, there would be a simple URL that directed to the image of the card, such as …/card/reputable_newsman.jpg or something

1 Like

Okay, I ran a script to rename the images to names that match the URLs and stuffed them into a “renamed” folder. So Reputable Newsman would be at: https://codexcards-assets.surge.sh/images/renamed/reputable_newsman.jpg.

Is this the kind of thing that you’re looking for?

(As an aside, optimizing the images is one of the todo items still on my list for the Codex DB, so these renamed image URLs are intentionally not the ones currently being used on the site.)

4 Likes

That seems good, I’ll let the Auto card creator know.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s fixed! Well done guys.

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it looks like these are broken again. Anyone have any insight?

huh. It seems to be making requests to sharp.moe again, and it appears that URL is now dead.

I have used the Contact Link on Autocard’s website and hopefully will get a response soon. Thanks for bringing it up @hesjingixen, it had been bothering me too but I know the cards well enough that it wasn’t bothering me that much and I was just kinda ignoring it

Yeah sharpo’s website seems to have gone down.
@sharpobject thoughts?

I’m less concerned with why Sharpo’s old site is down (it’s on what seems to be a personal project playground domain and address, sharp.moe:8000 is not something you intend to be widely used and depended upon.)

I’m more interested in why Autocard may have reverted the hover behavior (or was it always driven off sharp.moe?) Either way, LK404 did a good job making the naming scheme for the assets more straightforward with a scheme like https://codexcards-assets.surge.sh/images/renamed/CARD_NAME_WITH_UNDERSCORES_FOR_SPACES.jpg , so that should be fairly easy to change on the Autocard side (shoot if the code for Autocard was public I’d be happy to write a PR for the change)

I dont know why it reverted. When codex was first added to Autocard it used Sharp.moe, but a while ago I requested a change and it was implemented to use codexcarddb.com. I suspect it will get fixed eventually.

I’ll fix this within a couple days and serve the www subdomain over a cdn on ports 80 and 433. Port 8000 will continue working, I guess.

This is back up on port 8000 but the other stuff is not done yet.

4 Likes

That was awfully nice of you @sharpobject, thank you for doing that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone else notice the Autocard hover-overs are broken again? @sharpobject did you recently change the image addresses? Anyone ever to get feedback from the Autocard dev on why things weren’t changed to use codexcarddb.com?

2 Likes